ZV-1F – capturing our environmental vision
Designing a better future with SORPLAS™
SORPLAS is made from used water bottles and waste optical discs collected from factories and markets, and a proprietary flame retardant. It’s used in a variety of Sony and external products. SORPLAS won’t degrade too much even after being recycled several times, so in the future, we are hopeful that SORPLAS will be recovered and reused in new products.
100% renewable energy for ZV-1F production
At Sony, we’re reducing energy use not only through our product design, but also in our manufacturing process. The production plants10 in Thailand11 and China12 that manufacture the ZV-1F now run on 100% renewable energy. We’re not stopping there: we’re accelerating our plan to introduce renewable energy at our sites across the world.
- Used for the wind screen base fabric and raised area. Recycled PET (polyethylene terephthalate) bottles may not be available depending on the time of production.
- As of June 2014, according to Sony research. In the case of typical flame-retardant recycled polycarbonate plastic.
- Amount of recycled content varies depending on the application.
- A type of plastic.
- Contains no recycled content.
- SORPLAS may not be used for parts depending on the time of production.
- Sony survey of products and supplied accessories produced from April 2012 through March 2022.
- Materials used in coatings and adhesives are excluded. Depending on the production period, non-woven fabrics made of natural materials may not be available.
- Depending on the production period, paper bags may not be available.
- Place of manufacture may vary depending on the time of production.
- Achieved 100% use of renewable energy by installing solar power systems in buildings on site and utilising renewable energy certificates.
- Achieved 100% use of renewable energy by utilising renewable energy certificates.
* Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.