- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS® CMOS sensor w/ DRAM
- Large aperture 24-70mm1 F1.8-2.8 ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- BIONZ X™ with front-end LSI for perceived resolution
- Fast Hybrid AF, Real Time Eye-AF3 and Real-time AF tracking
- Side-articulating LCD screen for easier to compose selfie shots
- Quickly switch between two modes of defocused background bokeh
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
- Face priority AE keeps faces bright in backlit or dim condition
- Clear Voice w/ 3-Capsule directional mic and wind screen accessory4
- Standard 3.5mm mic. Jack, plus MI (Multi-interface) shoe
- Image stabilization suppresses shake even while walking
- Optimized color with enhanced skin-tone reproduction
- High bitrate 4K movie2 w/ full pixel readout and no pixel binning
- Pro video functions incl. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) and S-Log3/2
- Interval Shooting for stunning time-lapse videos6
- Super slow-motion movie HFR7 (High frame rate) up to 960 fps (40x)
- Imaging Edge™ Desktop and Imaging Edge Mobile app compatible8
- Works with ‘Movie Edit add-on’ for Imaging Edge™ mobile app8
- Wi-Fi® for easy file transfer and remote camera control
- Up to 24fps9 fast continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking
- Fast hybrid (contrast and phase detection) autofocus system
- Built-in ND to control exposure in bright light conditions
- Compact lightweight and easy to handle body grip
- Easy-to-push REC button with front facing Rec. tally light
- Soft Skin Effect enhances face appeal for still and movie
Sony ZV-1 Camera for Content Creators and Vloggers
Vlogger Accessory Kit
Made for content creators and vloggers
At a Glance
Sensor Size and Maximum Photo Resolution
1-inch / 20.1 MP
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
4K / 30p HD / 120p
Zoom and Lens (35mm equivalent)
2.7x / 24-70mm F1.8-2.8
iAuto (F1.8/F11(W)) / Program Auto (F1.8/F11(W)) / Manual (F1.8/F11(W)) / Shutter Priority (F1.8/F11(W)) / Aperture Priority (F1.8/F11(W))
Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24 fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10 fps, Continuous Shooting Low: approx. 3.0 fps
Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Night Scene, Black & White, Sepia
Single, Continuous shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White-balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
Dynamic Range Functions
Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
[Still images] Human (Right/Left Eye Select) / Animal, [Movie] Human (Right/Left Eye Select)
iAuto (4"–1/32,000) / Program Auto (30"–1/32,000) Manual (30"–1/32,000) / Aperture Priority (30"–1/32,000) / Shutter Priority (30"–1/32,000)
+/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
Wide (315 points (phase-detection AF), 425 points (contrast-detection AF)), Zone, Center, Flexible Spot (S/M/L), Expanded Flexible Spot, Tracking (Wide/Zone/Center/Flexible Spot (S/M/L)/Expanded Flexible Spot)
Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
Yes (1–60 sec. interval, 1-9,999 shots, AE lock/AE tracking (High/Mid/Low))
ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
Auto (ISO125 Level–ISO12800 Level, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
Auto (ISO100–12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO64/80), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO100–12800), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW & JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)/JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
- Angle of view (35mm format equivalent)
- 4K (QFHD: 3840×2160). A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format. UHS speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording. 4K continuous recording is available for approx. 5 minutes (Auto Power OFF Temp. Standard), but can be extended (Auto Power OFF Temp. High)
- Real-time Eye AF for animals is not available movie shooting.
- Audio input itself is via the camera’s internal mic. Attaching the wind screen to the mic further suppresses wind noise.
- Image stabilization angle at the wide-angle end of the zoom range. When active mode is on. Relative to angle of view with optical image stabilization on standard mode.
- Wi-Fi is not operational during interval shooting. Time-lapse movie creation is possible on a PC. Sound cannot be recorded when shooting interval recording.
- Sound cannot be recorded when shooting slow motion or interval recording. An SDHC/SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required
- When using the electronic shutter with "Continuous shooting mode: Hi". Effective when the shutter speed is 1/60 or above. The slower the shutter speed, the lower the refresh rate of the display.
- Bluetooth connection should be activated in advance. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- In-camera movie playback is in the horizontal position. Whether or not movies are displayed in the vertical position depends on your device.
© 2020Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, G Master, the Alpha logo and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.