RX10 III with F2.4-4 large-aperture 24-600 mm zoom lens
- Zeiss® Vario-Sonnar® T* 24–600 mm F2.4–4 large-aperture zoom lens
- About 20.1 effective megapixel 1.0-type stacked CMOS sensor with DRAM chip
- BIONZ X™ engine for superior detail reproduction and noise reduction
- 4K movie recording with full pixel readout/no pixel binning
- Up to 40x super slow motion
At a Glance
Sensor Size and Maximum Photo Resolution
1-inch / 20.1 MP
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
4K / 30p HD / 120p
Zoom and Lens (35mm equivalent)
25x / 24-600mm F2.4-4
Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
Speed priority continuous shooting: about 14fps, continuous shooting: approx. 5fps
Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
Single, continuous shooting, speed priority continuous shooting, self-timer, self-timer (cont.), cont. bracketing, single bracketing, white balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
Dynamic Range Functions
Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
iAuto (4" – 1/32000) / Program Auto (30" – 1/32000) / Manual (30" – 1/32000) / Aperture Priority (30" – 1/32000) / Shutter Priority (30" – 1/32000)
+/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step
Wide / Center / Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot / Lock-on AF (Wide/Center/Flexible Spot (S/M/L) / Expanded Flexible Spot)
Single-shot AF (AF-S) / Continuous AF (AF-C) / Direct Manual Focus (DMF) / Manual Focus
ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
ISO 100–12800 equivalent (1/3 step), AUTO (ISO 100–12800 equivalent, selectable lower and upper limits)
ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
ISO 100–12800 (1/3 step) (expandable to ISO 64/80), Auto (ISO 100–12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), Multi-frame NR: ISO100–25600 (1 EV step), Auto (ISO 100-128000)
Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW and JPEG/Extra Fine/Fine/Standard)
Light Metering Mode
Multi Pattern / Center-Weighted / Spot
Long exposure NR: On/Off, available of shutter speeds longer than 1/3 s, high ISO NR: Normal / Low / Off, Multiframe NR: Auto, ISO 100–25600
Number of Recognized Scenes
[Still Image] Superior Auto: 44, Intelligent Auto: 33, [Movie] 44
[Still Image] Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration, [Movie] Toy camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono.
- 35mm equivalent
- Records in up to 29 minute segments.
- An SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required.
- Sound cannot be recorded when shooting slow motion.
- CIPA standard, internal measurement, at 24mm (Wide), EV8.2, Program Auto, AF area: Center, with NTSC mode
- PlayMemories camera apps require download with existing Sony Entertainment Network account. Download available in all countries/areas where Sony Entertainment Network is available.
- In Speed-priority Continuous shooting mode. Exposure and focus fixed in first frame.
- Note: This camera is designed for optimal dust and moisture resistance, but is not waterproof or splashproof.
- Dual Rec cannot be used when record setting is set as follows: RX10 III: 120p/100p (NTSC/PAL) or in 4K recording
- Zoom Assist function must be assigned to this Custom Button prior to use.
Sony, BIONZ X, Exmor RS, PlayMemories Home, PlayMemories Mobile, PlayMemories Camera Apps, PlayMemories Online SteadyShot INSIDE, , Xtra Fine LCD and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. AVCHD™ is a trademark of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Windows is a trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Mac OS and iMovie are trademarks of Apple Computers, Inc. HDMI are a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.