- Compact, reliable and made by Sony for flawless flash control
- Ideal Guide Number power for compact mirrorless cameras (GN28)1
- Higher power at close 50mm focal length compared to F45RM
- Uses the camera’s face detection2 to capture natural skin tones
- Rear-Sync, Slow-sync, High Speed Sync and Multi-flash settings
- Intuitive controllable from compatible camera body menu3
- 50% higher resistance4 to overheating for continuous performance
- Ample power to bounce flash; 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, and 120 degree
- Operates as on-camera flash, radio wireless commander or receiver
- Stable ratio wireless communication up to 114ft.6
- Wirelessly control up to 15 flash units in up to 5 groups7
- Durable dust and moisture resistant design* *Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof
- Metal MI foot and side frame protects shoe connection
- Memory and MR settings to access frequently used settings
- Bounce lock release button prevents unwanted angle changes
- Flash recycle time of 4.1 sec. (Ni-MH batteries), 6.4 sec. (alkaline)4
- 50% greater overheat resistant* compared to the HVL-F32M* *with alkaline batteries. Sony Test conditions.
- Auto White Balance Adjustment
- Multi/Micro USB ports for software update
Alpha 9 II - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
W 2.56 " x H 3.29 " x D 3.6 " (65.1 x 83.5 x 91.4 mm)
7.8 oz (219 g) (only main unit)
Multi/Micro USB terminal
Flash head (light-emitting unit)
Up 120 ° (0 °/20 °/40 °/60 °/80 °/120 °)
Built-in bounce sheet
Built-in wide panel
Yes (24 mm)
Color Temperature (Approx.)
Continuous flash performance
40 flashes at 10 flashes per second
Flash Duration (Approx.)
Within 1.6 ms (1/1 MANUAL)
Flash control using pre-flash (P-TTL/ADI)
50 mm, Angle of view at 24-mm focal length is also covered with the wide panel
0.1–6.4 seconds (Alkaline battery) / 0.1–4.1 seconds (Ni-MH battery)
High-speed sync (HSS)
Maximum guide number
28 (Flash coverage setting 50 mm, ISO 100 m)
- 50mm at ISO 100 in meters
- As of Sept. 2020, only HVL-F28RM is compatible with this function. see Sony’s support webpage for compatibility info.
- See Sony support page for compatibility info.
- Compared to the HVL-F32M with alkaline batteries used. Sony internal test conditions
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof. Dust and moisture resistance will vary according to the body to which the unit is attached.
- Sony test conditions.
- Up to 5 groups in GROUP mode, or 3 groups in TTL/Manual modes. 3 groups max when used as a receiver
© 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.