Alpha 7R III - Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera 42.4MP, 10FPS, 4K/30p
Reality realized. New worlds.
Refine your sense of reality with α7R III — an ideal partner offering superior speed, high-resolution imaging, pro-class operability, and reliable performance even under harsh conditions.
Animal-eye AF feature now available with software update
A software upgrade is now available to support Sony's new Real-time Eye AF for Animals. The feature works by automatically detecting and tracking the eyes of animals that you're photographing, for beautiful pet portraits and wildlife shots.
Inspiring maximum creativity
Welcome to a new world of imaging with resolution, sensitivity, dynamic range, processing speed, and shooting response further enhanced. The α7R III packs pro-style operability into a strong, compact body to give you greater flexibility to take brilliant shots in any situation. With such high power, precision, and potential at your command, you can capture once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
A portal to unseen worlds
Seize moments with quick precision
Together, an effective 42.4MP (approx.) image sensor and enhanced image processor can take imaging as far as adventurous imaginations allow.
Doubled AF tracking effectiveness, even during continuous shooting at up to 10fps, advances the evolution of steady, lightning-fast camera performance.
New portraiture potential
Greatly enhanced Eye AF focuses on and tracks an eye with great precision and speed, even when a subject is moving, is looking down and away, or is backlit.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Approximate effective
- Up to 10 fps in continuous “Hi+” mode, and up to 8 fps in continuous “Hi” mode. Maximum fps will depend on camera settings. Hi+” continuous mode with UHS-II compatible SDXC memory card. Sony test conditions.
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording
- Connect this product to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable when displaying HDR (HLG) movies
- ISO range of 100 - 32000 (expandable to ISO 50 – 102400)
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off
- Requires use of supplied Imaging Edge software application for compositing. Image compositing may not be successful if camera or subject movement causes blur. The use of a tripod is recommended, as is the use of PC tethered control or a remote commander where possible. Uncompressed RAW and silent mode are automatically selected for Pixel Shift Multi shooting. Some restrictions apply to flash and other devices. Image size after compositing is approx. 42.4 million (7952 x 5304) pixels. Refer to the Sony support site for details. http://www.sony.net/psms/
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Eye AF not supported for movie recording. AF-C can only be used when the “Phase detection” AF system is selected, but focus is fixed at the first frame during continuous shooting in any mode other than “Continuous: Lo” (Hi+, Hi, Mid).
- Sound not recorded. Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC memory card required
- When uncompressed RAW is selected. Limited to 12 bits during compressed RAW continuous shooting, BULB exposure, or when Long Exposure NR is ON.
- Only 100 Hz and 120 Hz flicker is detected. Continuous shooting speed may decrease. Flicker-free shooting is not available during silent shooting, BULB exposure, or movie recording
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo, Exmor R and BIONZ X are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications subject to change without notice