- Wide lens selection with versatile E-mount system
- Large 24.2MP* APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor and fast BIONZ X processor
- 4K Movie3 oversampled from 6k w/ full pixel readout, no pixel binning
- Fast Hybrid AF, Real Time Eye-AF3 and Real-time AF tracking
- 3” flip-out, vari-angle touch LCD makes framing and vlogging easy
- Background Defocus button instantly toggles between bokeh on/off
- Product Showcase Setting transitions focus from face to object
- Face Priority AE keeps faces exposed correctly in harsh lighting
- 3-Capsule directional mic w/ wind screen, 3.5mm jack, MI shoe audio
- Easy live streaming w/ single USB cable and no extra hardware/software
- Image stabilization w/ active mode suppresses shake even while walking
- Easy speed-up and slowed-down motion with S&Q
- Interval Shooting for stunning time-lapse videos6
- Optimized color with enhanced skin-tone reproduction
- Pro video functions incl. HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) and S-Log3/2
- 7x adjustable AF Transition Speeds, 5x AF Subject Shift Sensitivity
- Up to 11fps10 Silent11 or Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking
- Multi Interface Shoe™ for flash or digital audio with external mic.13
- SuperSpeed USB Type-C™ (USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatible) and Micro USB
- No 29m 50s continuous recording limit for movie shooting
- Camera control and file sharing with Android and iOS smartphones15
- Easy-to-push REC button with front facing Rec. tally light
- Soft Skin Effect enhances face appeal for still and movie
- Up to 11fps9 fast continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking
- Wi-Fi® for easy file transfer and remote camera control
- Compact lightweight and easy to handle body grip
Frequently Bought Together
E 10–18 mm F4 OSS
E PZ 18–105 mm F4 G OSS
E 16 mm F2.8
E 35 mm F1.8 OSS
E 70–350 mm F4.5–6.3 G OSS
Digital Bluetooth Wireless Microphone
XYST1M Stereo Mic For Multi-Interface Shoe
External Flash with wireless remote control
your visual expression
 APS-C  1-inch  1/2.3~1/3.4 inch
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
Custom key settings, Programmable Setting (Body 1 set / memory card 4 sets), My Menu
Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
Continuous shooting: Hi+: 11 fps, Hi: 8 fps, Mid: 6 fps, Lo: 3 fps
Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi+/Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracket: Single, Bracket: Cont., White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
No. of recordable frames (approx.)
JPEG Extra fine L: 99 frames, JPEG Fine L: 116 frames, JPEG Standard L: 137 frames, RAW: 46 frames, RAW & JPG: 45 frames
Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
10 s delay / 5 s delay / 2 s delay / Continuous self-time / Bracketing self-timer
Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, 3/5 frames selectable. (Ambient light, Flash light)
+/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
AUTO (iAuto / Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (iAuto, Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Slow & Quick Motion (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M)), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
[Still images] ISO 100–32000 (ISO numbers up from ISO 50 to ISO 51200 can be set as expanded ISO range.), AUTO (ISO 100–6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit), [Movies] ISO 100–32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100–6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot, Entire Screen Avg., Highlight
EV-2 to EV 20 (ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- With compatible Sony external flash
- With compatible extemal flash
- Varies according to shooting conditions or memory card used
- Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- Sony accessories for the Accessory Shoe can be attached.
- The LCD screen is turned on, shot once every 30 seconds, operate zoom alternately between W and T ends, flash strobe once every two times, tum power off and on once every ten times.
- Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom , stand-by and power off
- Approximately, when compared with a 1/2.3 inch sensor
- 4K (QFHD 3,840 x 2, 160)
- When shooting at XAVC S 4K 24p.
- With battery and memory card included.
- Optical zoom requires a power zoom lens. For other lenses, change the setting to "Clear Image Zoom" or "Digital Zoom" for electronic zoom.
- Employing Al (artificial intelligence) technology, including machine leaning.
- Sound recording is not possible. A Class 10 or above SDHC/SDXC card is required.
- Image crop in Active Mode. Active Mode is not available when recording at frame rates of 120 (100) fps, including S&Q_
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. I-IHS speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
- Frame rates are 1-120fps (NTSC) or 1-100fps (PAL)
- In-camera movie playback is in the horizontal position. Whether or not movies are displayed in the vertical position on an external device may depend on the particular device.
- Please use the latest version.
- When shooting stills, eleven effects are available. Not available when shooting in Intelligent Auto mode.
- Wi-Fi does not work during interval shooting.
- Set to movie mode and select "USB Streaming" from Menu before you connect to compatible devices.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1/macOS 10.13 - 10.15, macOS 11.0. Please refer to the Sony website, or contact customer support for information regarding support on upcoming Xperia TU smartphones. Compatibility with other smartphones depends on manufacturers' specifications. A commercially available USB cable and/or terminal adaptor may be used to connect to equipment with a USB Type-C port.
- Continuous recording time for movies.
- CIPA standards.
- Supported in Catalyst Browse/Prepare Version 2020.1 or later Image stabilization metadata that can be used by Catalyst is generated when using a Sony E-mount lens with the camera's optical image stabilization set to [OFF] or [Active].
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo, Exmor and BIONZ X are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.