Alpha 7 II - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
Hybrid 24.2MP, Full HD 1080p, 5-axis stabilization
- World’s first 5-axis in-body image stabilization in a full-frame camera.
- Use your favorite lenses without blur from camera shake.
- Capture stunning images with full-frame, 24.3MP resolution.
- Fast hybrid AF with phase-detection - 30% faster than α7.
- Compatible with Sony’s E-mount lenses, and others with adaptors.
- High contrast, 2.4-million dot OLED EVF for eye-level framing.
- Record Full HD in XAVC S format up to 50Mb/s.
- 3" LCD screen tilts up and down for easy high/low-angle framing.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi®/NFC.
- Tether your camera to a PC for Remote Camera Control.
Frequently Bought Together
FE 70-200 mm F2.8 GM OSS
Full-frame Telephoto Zoom G Master Lens with Optical SteadyShot
FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Full-frame Standard Zoom Lens with Optical SteadyShot
F32M External Flash For Multi-Interface Shoe
Enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility.
The α7 II analyzes information from your E-mount and A-mount6 lenses to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilization for the particular lens you mount.
Whenever fleeting photo opportunities arise, you can always depend on state-of-the-art Fast Hybrid AF.
Fast Hybrid AF smoothly tracks fast-moving subjects nearly anywhere on the screen thanks to a wide-area 117-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor.
Autofocus is 30% faster7. Just point, shoot, and let Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF system instantly capture your fast-moving subject with razor-sharp clarity.
Beautifully capture fast-moving subjects with sharp, well-exposed results thanks to 5-fps continuous AF/AE shooting, a dramatically improved algorithm and continuous AF Display.
*Note: Services availability depends on region.
*Note: Service availability depends on region.
At a Glance
Maximum Photo Resolution and Frame Rates
24.3 MP up to 5 fps
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
HD / 60p
Maximum ISO Sensitivity
Photo: ISO 50-25000 Movie: ISO 50-25000
Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K1M (sold separately)
Custom Function Type
Custom key settings Programmable Setting
Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
5 fps (in High Continuous Shooting)
Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2 s delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (10 s delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
Auto (AE) Bracketing
Cont./Bracket: Single, with 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable
AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie
ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
"Exmor®" CMOS sensor
- Users may enter the focal length manually (8mm – 1000mm) for lenses that do not communicate with the camera, and are mounted via an adapter (sold sep.).
- Compatibility with lenses other than Sony E-mount requires optional adaptors. Function is not guaranteed and may vary by adaptor and lens.
- Records in up to 29 minute segments.
- 99 points when an APS-C lens compatible with Fast Hybrid AF is mounted.
- Requires a valid Sony Entertainment Network account. Some apps require a fee.
Sony, BIONZ X, Exmor, InfoLITHIUM, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo, the Memory Stick logo, PlayMemories Home, PlayMemories Mobile, PlayMemories Camera Apps, PlayMemories Online, Remote Commander, SteadyShot, SteadyShot INSIDE, Smile Shutter, Stamina, Theatre Sync, Sweep Panorama, Xtra Fine LCD and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony. AVCHD™ is a trademark of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Microsoft, Windows is a trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Mac OS and iMovie are trademarks of Apple Computers, Inc. HDMI is a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.