Alpha 7 III - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
Hybrid 24.2MP up to 10FPS, 6k oversmpled for 4K 30p, 5-axis stabilization
- Advanced 24.2MP Back-Illuminated 35mm Full-frame Image Sensor
- 15-stop4 dynamic range, 14-bit uncompressed RAW4, ISO 50 to 204,800
- Up to 10fps1 Silent5 or Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking
- 693 phase-detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93% image coverage
- Eye-AF with AF-C; Direct AF point 4-way multi-selector; touch AF
- 4K2 HDR3 Movie w/ full pixel readout, no pixel binning or crop
- Long-lasting Z battery for up to 710 images8 on a full charge
- Secure and versatile dual media slots (1 SD card slot UHS-II compatible)
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization, 5-step6 shutter speed advantage
- SuperSpeed USB Type-C™ (USB 3.1 Gen 1 compatible) and Micro USB
FE 24–105 mm F4 G OSS Lens
Full-frame Standard Zoom G Lens with Optical SteadyShot
FE 24-70 mm F2.8 GM
Full-frame Standard Zoom G Master Lens
FE 70-200 mm F2.8 GM OSS
Full-frame Telephoto Zoom G Master Lens with Optical SteadyShot
At a Glance
Maximum Photo Resolution and Frame Rates
24.2 MP up to 10 fps
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
4K / 30p HD / 120p
Maximum ISO Sensitivity
Photo: ISO 100-51200 (expandable: ISO 50-204800) Movie: ISO 100-51200 (expandable: ISO 100-102400)
Built-in stereo microphone or XLR-K2M/XLR-K1M/ECM-XYST1M (sold separately)
Custom key settings, Programmable Setting (Body 2 sets /memory card 4 sets), My Menu, Reg Cust Shoot Set
Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
Continuous shooting: Hi+: max. 10 fps, Hi: max. 8 fps, Mid: max. 6fps, Lo: max. 3 fps
Single Shooting, Continuous shooting (Hi+/Hi/Mid/Lo selectable), Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.), Bracket: Single, Bracket: Cont., White Balance bracket, DRO bracket
No. of recordable frames (approx.)
JPEG Extra fine L: 163 frames, JPEG Fine L: 172 frames, JPEG Standard L: approx. 177 frames, RAW: 89 frames, RAW & JPG: 79 frames, RAW (Uncompressed): 40 frames, RAW (Uncompressed) & JPG: 36 frames
10 sec. delay/5 sec. delay/2 sec. delay/Continuous self-timer (3 frames after 10 sec. delay/5 frames after 10 sec. delay/3 frames after 5 sec. delay/5 frames after 5 sec. delay/3 frames after 2 sec. delay/5 frames after 2 sec. delay)/Bracketing self-timer
Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button (On/Off/Auto)
Bracket: Cont., Bracket: Single, 3/5/9 frames selectable. With 3 or 5 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, 1.0, 2.0, or 3.0 EV increments, with 9 frames, in 1/3, 1/2, 2/3, or 1.0 EV increments
+/- 5.0EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable) (with exposure compensation dial: +/- 3EV (1/3 EV steps))
AUTO (iAuto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Movie (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) ), Slow & Quick Motion (Programmed AE (P) / Aperture priority (A) / Shutter-speed priority (S) / Manual (M) ), Scene Selection
- In continuous “Hi+” mode. Max. fps depends on camera settings. UHS-II compatible SDXC memory card required.
- Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card required for XAVC S movie recording, UHS speed class 3 or higher for 100 Mbps recording.
- Connect to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable to view HDR (HLG) movies.
- Sony test conditions
- Some distortion may occur with fast-moving subjects.
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off.
- Among non-reflex interchangeable lens digital camera equipped with auto focus function as of February 2018, based on Sony research.
- CIPA standards. When using the LCD monitor. 610 images when using the viewfinder.
- With SSM or SAM lenses only. With the LA-EA3 mount adaptor. Eye AF not supported for movie recording. AF-C can only be used when the “Phase detection” AF system is selected, but focus is fixed at the first frame during continuous shooting in any mode other than “Continuous: Lo” (Hi+, Hi, Mid).
- Only 100 Hz and 120 Hz flicker is detected. Continuous shooting speed may decrease. Flicker-free shooting is not available during silent5 shooting, BULB exposure, or movie recording.
- 5x at 24p recording and 4x at 30p.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Measured with: CPU Intel® Core™ i7-6700 Processor 3.40GHz, Memory 8GB, OS Windows® 7 Professional, and Uncompressed RAW (α7R III L: 7952 x 5304)