- Compact wide prime lens w/ stunning G Master bokeh and resolution
- F1.4 max aperture for extraordinary brightness and depth of field
- Two (XA) Extreme Aspheric elements for stunning resolution
- ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass element reduce chromatic aberration
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Two XD Extreme Dynamic Linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Linear response MF for precise manual focus control
- Compact, lightweight design: ideal for both full-frame and APS-C2
- 10.6” min. focus distance up to 0.23x magnification for close-up shots
- Built for both worlds: Ideal for still and video creators
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Manual aperture ring w/ selectable on/off click for stills or movie
- Programmable focus hold button for multiple custom functions
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability1
- Fluorine front-element coating helps repel dirt and fingerprints
Compact 35 mm F1.4 G Master prime
Amazing resolution in a compact 35-mm prime for any situation
Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements in a G Master design take advantage of the short mirrorless flange-back distance to deliver stunning contrast and resolution in a compact lens. Further enhancing the lens's superior optical quality are an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element that suppresses chromatic aberration and Sony's Nano AR Coating II that maintains superb image clarity even in any lighting conditions.
Lightweight and compact for excellent mobility and handling
Even though it employs two precision XA (extreme aspherical) elements and delivers outstanding G Master quality, this compact lens fits easily in the palm of your hand and weighs only 18.5 oz (524 g). The FE 35 mm F1.4 GM offers excellent mobility and handling in the widest possible range of environments and shooting conditions.
Refined G Master bokeh and broad versatility
XA elements suppress onion ring bokeh, an 11-blade aperture mechanism produces an almost circular aperture even when the lens is wide open, and painstaking spherical aberration control at the design and manufacturing stages contribute to gorgeous bokeh at F1.4. Design and manufacturing refinements have made it possible to deliver a minimum focusing distance of 0.89 ft (27 cm) and maximum magnification of 0.23x.
XD Linear Motors ensure fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
Two of Sony's remarkable XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors provide the high thrust efficiency needed for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking, maximizing the advantages of the E-mount system. State-of-the-art control algorithms developed specifically for the XD Linear Motors minimize vibration and noise, while Sony's Linear Response MF feature provides direct, linear manual focus response.
Professional control and reliability
A focus hold button, focus ring, and other controls support smooth, efficient operation. The focus hold button can be assigned to a number of other functions via a camera body menu, providing direct access to functions that are vital to the user's personal workflow. A fluorine front element coating plus a dust- and moisture-resistant design2 ensure high reliability in challenging environments.
G Master series lenses take imaging and expression to previously unattainable levels with a stunning blend of extremely high resolution and softly dissolving background bokeh.
 Extreme aspherical lens (XA lens)  ED (extra-low dispersion) glass
MTF (Modulation Transfer Function) describes how well a lens can reproduce fine details, measured as the degree of contrast achieved between finely spaced lines.
 Contrast (%)  Distance from optical center of lens (mm)  Max. aperture  F8 aperture  Spatial frequency  10 line pairs / mm  30 line pairs / mm  R: Radial values T: Tangential values
1. Focusing ring / 2. Aperture ring / 3. Focus hold button / 4. Focus mode switch / 5. Mounting index
6. Aperture click switch
FE 35 mm F1.4 compatibility
Follow the link below for lens/body compatibility details. Some camera bodies may require a software update for full functionality.
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
At a Glance
Size and Weight
3 x 3.88 in. / 18.5 oz.
35 mm equivalent focal length (APS-C)
Angle of View (35 mm)
Angle of View (APS-C)
Filter Diameter (mm)
Focal Length (mm)
35 mm full frame
Round, bayonet type
Image stabilization (SteadyShot)
Lens Groups / Elements
Maximum Magnification ratio (x)
x 0.23 (AF) x 0.26 (MF)
Maximum aperture (F)
Minimum Aperture (F)
Minimum Focus Distance
0.89 ft (AF), 0.82 ft (MF) (0.27 m (AF), 0.25 m (MF))
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture resistant
- 35mm focal length on full-frame cameras and 52.5mm when used on APS-C cameras. Focal length based on 35mm full-frame equivalent.