- World’s lightest1 large-aperture 70-200mm F2.8 telephoto zoom lens
- F2.8 constant aperture for extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution from XA (Extreme Aspheric) and Aspheric lens elements
- Suppressed chromatic aberration from Super ED and ED elements
- ED aspherical lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Four XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Beautiful bokeh from 11-blade circular aperture and XA lens element
- Close minimum focusing distance of 1.32 ft at 70mm / 2.69 ft at 200mm
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability4
- Three customizable focus hold buttons
- Linear Response MF for precise manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Front fluorine coating prevents fingerprints, dust, water and oil
- Built for both worlds: Ideal for still and movie creators
- Focus, zoom and aperture ring with click on/off function
Alpha 1 - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
Flasgship 50.1MP up to 30 fps with AF/AE tracking, 8K 30p / 4K 120p / HD 240p
Alpha 9 II - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
High-speed 24.2MP up to 20FPS with 60 AF/AE per sec., pro-workflow.
Alpha 7R IV - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
High Resolution 61MP up to 10FPS with AF/AE tracking, 4K 60p, 5.76 mega-dot EVF
Alpha 7S III - Full-frame Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera
High Sensitivity, 12.1MP, clean low-light images, up to ISO 409,600, 4k 120p / HD 240p
 Extreme aspherical lens (XA) lens  Aspherical lens  ED (extra-low dispersion) aspherical lens  Super ED glass  ED (extra-low dispersion)
 Contrast (%)  Distance from optical center of lens (mm)  At 70mm / Max. aperture  At 70mm / F8 aperture  At 200mm / Max. aperture  At 200mm / F8 aperture  Spatial frequency  10 line pairs / mm  30 line pairs / mm  R: Radial values T: Tangential values
35mm full frame
70mm - 200mm
35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C)
105mm - 300mm6
Lens Groups / Elements
Angle of view (35mm)
Angle of View (APS-C)
Maximum aperture (F)
Minimum Aperture (F)
Minimum Focus Distance
0.4 - 0.82 m (1.32 - 2.69 ft)
Maximum Magnification ratio (x)
Filter Diameter (mm)
Image stabilization (SteadyShot)
Teleconverter compatibility (x1.4)
Teleconverter compatibility (x2.0)
Round shape, bayonet type
- As of the October 2021 product announcement, compared to full-frame F2.8 70-200mm telephoto zoom lenses that support autofocus.
- When used with the α1. Compared to the SEL70200GM. Sony test conditions.
- A software update may be required. See Sony’s support page on the web for camera compatibility info.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo and G Master Lens are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.