Spatial Reality Display
- Professionals across gaming, medical, dental, media & entertainment industries have been changing their approach to visualizing content.
- High-speed vision sensor follows eye movement to deliver a 3D image based on the position of the viewer’s eyes2,3
- Real-time rendering algorithm processes content for each eye delivering a viewing that is smooth, without lag
- Finely-tuned micro optical lens allows for high-resolution stereoscopic viewing with just the naked eye – no accessories required
- Easily integrate new or existing content for the display using Sony’s dedicated software development kit (SDK)
- What’s in the box; Top flange, side panels (2), bottom stand, HDMI cable, USB Type-C cable, AC adapter, AC power cord and cleaning cloth
- Read the Spatial Reality Display Case Studies
SPATIAL REALITY DISPLAY
Where imagination becomes reality
All you need is your eyes
Our unique eye-sensing technology constantly senses the position of your eyes and delivers a bright, clear 3D image to each one. 2
"You're literally looking at magic happen on the screen, wondering how it's working."
Executive Producer of Emerging
Technology, The Mill
"The display offers a new approach to visualizing concepts and characters."
"We see multiple applications throughout the ideation and design process, and even with training."
Virtual Engineering Lab US,
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
CES Innovation Award, Best of Innovation 2021
InfoComm Best of Show, 2020
TechRadar Pro Picks, 2021
Authentic viewing in a 3D display 2
Content extends deep within the display from any viewing angle. Simply moving around—up or down, side to side—makes you feel like you're interacting with the content right in front of you. 2 3
A new spatial reality
High-speed vision sensor
Sony's proprietary high-speed sensor follows eye movement down to the millisecond, sensing pupil position through space on all three axes: vertical, horizontal, and even depth.
Real-time rendering algorithm
The Spatial Reality Display leverages an original algorithm for processing real-time content for each eye without lag. This allows the 3D world to appear as smooth as in real life, even if you move around. 3 4 5
Micro optical lens
The micro optical lens is positioned precisely over the stunning 15.6-inches (diag.) LCD display 4. This lens divides the image into the left and right eyes allowing for stereoscopic viewing with just the naked eye.
Extraordinary 3D image quality
Discover a new medium and reality. Our legacies of cutting-edge visual and 3D technology combine for an incredible optical experience where detailed texture, high contrast and luminous brightness come together to create a portal to another world. 2 3
Start your creative engines
Designed to stimulate the imaginations of creators in various disciplines, the Spatial Reality Display is a radical new expression of 3D and a new medium for artistic innovation.
Incredibly easy to integrate into your workflow
Compatible with Unity and Unreal Engine 4, the Spatial Reality Display allows for easy exporting of new or existing 3D content using Sony's Software Development Kit (SDK). 5
View (PC not included)
Approx. 15.125 x 9.25 x 9.125" (383 x 232 x 231 mm), 15.125 x 9.25 x 9.75" (383 x 232 x 247 mm)
Approx. 10.2 lb (4.6 kg)
500 nit (typical)
LCD panel 3,840 x 2,160 pixels
HDMI2.0, USB3.2 Gen1 Type-C
24W or less
Horizontal: ± 25° / Vertical: -40°/+20°
Recommended System Specs
Computer required with a recommended CPU of Intel Core i7-9700K @3.60 GHz or faster; and a graphics card such as NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER or faster. Only Windows 10 (64-bit) is supported.
- Reseller price may vary.
- See instruction manual accompanying the product for details on product use, incl. 3D feature.
- Recommend use of "high resolution, quality images" created using Unity or Unreal Engine 4 software.
- Normally, it doesn't work unless you launch app. If you are concerned, turn off the power of this unit when you are not using.
- Computer required with a recommended CPU of Intel Core i7-9700K @3.60 GHz or faster; and a graphics card such as NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER or faster. Only Windows 10 (64-bit) is supported.
- See SDK details at https://www.sony.net/dev-srd. Additional details on SDK will be available in late October.
- ”Unity” and Unity logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Unity Technologies or its affiliates in the U.S. and elsewhere. Unreal, Unreal Engine, UE4, and the Unreal Engine logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. in the USA and elsewhere.
- This product is also known as ELFSR1/B
© 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.