- 4K HDR PROCESSOR X1™ – Powerful TV processing that delivers a picture that is smooth and clear, full of rich colours and detailed contrast.
- TRILUMINOS PRO™ – Reproduces more colours than a conventional TV resulting in picture quality that is natural and precise, and closer than ever to real life.
- GOOGLE TV™ – See 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, plus live TV, all in one place. Google TV brings your favorite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you. Watch content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, the Apple TV app, and many more.1
- MOTIONFLOW XR™ – On-screen motion stays smooth and clear, allowing fast moving sequences in sports, action movies, and games to be seen with lifelike clarity.
- 4K X-REALITY PRO™ – Our unique 4K database upscales all the HD content you love to near-4K resolution bringing back real-world detail and texture.3
- HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR) & DOLBY Vision™ – Enjoy immersive and engaging cinematic content as the creator intended with HDR4 and Dolby Vision5.
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT – Use your voice to easily find your favourite movies, shows, and music. Get answers on screen, control smart home devices, and more.1
- APPLE AIRPLAY – Works with AirPlay 2 to easily stream content from your Apple device.6
- ULTRA-SLIM WALL MOUNT COMPATIBLE – Hang your TV like a work of art with the optional SU-WL855 ultra-slim wall-mount bracket available for 55” class, 65” class, and 75” class X85J series TVs.7
Blu-ray™ Player with 4K Upscaling and Wi/Fi for Streaming Video
Immersive Wearable Speaker
Over a billion colors in a beautiful flush design
Take color to the next level on a 4K 2 HDR TV that can reproduce the subtle differences of shade and hue. Real-world colors and 4K/120fps compatibility give you a smoother, clearer, more lifelike entertainment experience.
Discover the X85J with an expert
Breathtaking colors make everything so real
Over a billion colors are brought to life by TRILUMINOS PRO™ and our 4K 3 HDR Processor X1™. With extreme contrast, everything you watch feels so real.
Clear multidimensional sound
Feel surrounded by clear, high quality sound from multiple dimensions, putting you right there inside the scene.
Watch what you love. Control it with your voice
Your TV is now more helpful than ever. Use your voice to easily find your favorite movies, shows and music. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, or get personalized recommendations on what to watch by saying, "what should I watch?" Even get answers on screen, control smart home devices and more. Just press the Google Assistant button on the remote to get started. 1
Recycle. Renew. Reduce.
Our BRAVIA TVs are not only designed to be stylish, but also with the environment in mind. Up to 30% sustainable materials are used in the frame of this TV, and our unique recyclable plastic, SORPLAS™ with an industry-leading recycle rate of 89%, is used in its components.
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
ENVIRONMENTAL FEATURES IN THIS PRODUCT
Dynamic Backlight Control, or pixel-level lighting control, helps improve energy efficiency by adjusting display brightness as picture content changes
Power Saving Mode helps save energy by adjusting the display brightness
Display Off Mode helps save energy by turning the picture display off without needing to put the TV into full stand-by mode, so audio can still be enjoyed
Audio Description (Audio key)
Number of Tuners (Sat)
Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable)
TV System (Analog)
TV System (Digital Cable)
TV System (Digital Sat)
TV System (Digital Terrestrial)
ATSC/ATSC 3.0(NEXTGEN TV)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Analog)
VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Cable)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial)
VHF: 2–13/UHF: 14–69 (14–36 for ATSC 3.0)
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required. VRR will be available by future firmware update.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- Dolby Vision content compatible with streaming services or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket is available for select Sony OLED and LED models ranging from 55” class to 75” class. TV and wall mount system sold separately. Hardware included with wall-mount bracket.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited.
Sony, BRAVIA, Processor X1, Triluminos Pro, Motionflow XR, X-Reality Pro, and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Google TV is the name of this device's software experience. Google, YouTube, YouTube Music, Google TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Screen images simulated.