Coming Soon SA-RS5
Wireless rear speakers with built-in battery for HT-A7000/HT-A5000
- Optional rear speakers featuring 360 Spatial Sound Mapping for use with HT-A7000 or HT-A5000 Soundbar2
- Direct wireless connection with HT-A7000 or HT-A5000 Soundbar9
- Built-in battery with up to 10-hour battery life and quick charging7
- Immersive audio from up-firing speakers
- Activate Sound Field Optimization with OPTIMIZE button
- Total 180W4 power output brings music and movies to life
- Flexible layout – no power outlet needed
- Omnidirectional Block Design with room-filling sound
- Wall mount-capable rear speakers
7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar
5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar
Optional powerful 300W wireless subwoofer for HT-A9/HT-A7000/HT-A5000
200W optional wireless subwoofer for HT-A9/HT-A7000/HT-A5000
Experience 360 Spatial Sound with your soundbar1
The SA-RS5 speakers work with our latest compatible soundbars using up-firing speakers and wide directivity woofers for 360 Spatial Sound Mapping to create multiple phantom speakers around your room. When you’re surrounded on all sides by multiple phantom speakers within an optimized sound field, you’ll hear every sound with incredible intensity. It’s like you and your living room are inside the movie.2,3
See our compatible soundbars
Hear every part of the action
Our speakers utilize the latest technologies to deliver the optimal sound quality and wide directivity for 360 Spatial Sound Mapping.1,6
What's inside each speaker
1 - Up-firing speaker
2 - Soft Dome Type Tweeter
3 - Wide Directivity Woofer
4 - Dual passive radiators
Immersive audio from up-firing speakers
For more immersive overhead audio, up-firing speakers reflect sound off the ceiling.
Clear, expansive sound
The rear speakers feature both a woofer and a tweeter, creating a rich, expansive soundstage that offers exceptional clarity. Dual passive radiators enhance low-end tones, giving bass a boost.
180W total output
2 x 90W power output makes these speakers the perfect support act for your soundbar, bringing both movies and music to life.4
Mount them on the wall
Place them on a table or easily mount them on a wall – wherever they fit your room best.5
Flexible layout – no power outlet needed
Designed to be flexible to your environment, no wires and internal batteries mean these speakers can be used completely cable free, or with AC power, whichever you like.
AC power set up
Cable-free, battery power set up
Up to 10-hour battery life and quick charging7
With up to 10 hours of battery life when fully charged you can set these speakers without worrying about an AC cable. You can charge them out of sight and bring them out when you need them. And if you’re in a hurry, just 10 minutes of charge will give 90 minutes of use.7
One button optimizes the sound field to your room
Activate Sound Field Optimization any time by pressing the OPTIMIZE button on the unit. These speakers combined with a compatible soundbar1 intelligently measure the distance between speakers and ceiling using dual microphones in each speaker for smart and easy set up.
Simply power up the wireless rear speakers and they’ll automatically make a wireless connection with your compatible soundbar.1 It’s quick and easy with no need for messy cables.9
Omnidirectional Block Design
These speakers are designed using an Omnidirectional Block concept to match our compatible soundbars. The cylindrical shape represents a single solid block providing 360 Spatial Sound2 and fits perfectly against the wall with a flat rear surface.
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
PLAY TIME IN 10MIN QUICK CHARGE
Digital Amplifier, S-Master
Power Output (Total)
Size & Weight
Rear speaker size (W X H X D) (MM)
145x250x134mm, 5 3/4 in x 9 7/8 in x 5 3/8 in
REAR SPEAKER WEIGHT (KG)
2.4kg, 5lb 5oz
What's In The Box
AC Adaptor Warranty Card
- Compatible soundbar (HT-A5000, HT-A7000) required.
- Compatible rear speakers (SA-RS3S, SA-RS5) and soundbar (HT-A5000, HT-A7000) and a software update on the soundbar are required to enjoy 360 Spatial Sound by 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology. Software update available now. Soundbar OTA (Over-The-Air) software update available now. Network connection required for software updates.
- To use the SA-RS5, compatible product (sold separately) is required. HT-A5000, HT-A7000.
- 180 Watts Total System power (90W + 90W) at 6 Ohms, 200-20,000 Hz – 1kHz with a THD of 1%.
- Speaker grills are not detachable.
- Image shows speaker with rear covered removed.
- Actual performance varies based on settings, environmental conditions, and usage. Battery capacity decreases over time and use.
- The number of phantom speakers differs depending on compatible soundbar combination.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
© 2022 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony logo are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Bluetooth is a trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.