Coming Soon HVLF46RM
HVL-F46RM – GN461 Wireless Radio Control External Flash
- Stable GN461 output for a wide range of lighting needs
- Per-frame P-TTL flash control instantly adapts to changing light
- Up to 60 flashes3 in high-speed bursts at up to 10 fps2
- 320 flashes with fast recycle time of 2 second3
- White balance and flash control linked to camera face detection2
- Light output optimized for focal length 24-105mm
- Conveniently controllable from compatible camera2 menu
- High Speed Sync, Rear-Sync, Slow-sync, and Multi-flash settings
- Operates as on-camera flash, radio wireless commander or receiver
- Stable ratio wireless communication up to 98.4 ft (30m )7
 Flash processor  Multi Interface Shoe  Image sensor  Image processor
 Commander Function  Receiver Function
Guide number changes according to zoom position. See the table below.
 Hi-speed sync (HSS) (shutter speed: sec.)  When the wide panel is attached
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
W 69.4 mm X H 114.7 mm X D 88.9 mm (2 3/4 inches × 4 5/8 inches × 3 1/2 inches)
308 g (10.9 oz) (only main unit)
Auto electronic flash (clip-on type) with pre-flash metering
Multi Interface Shoe
Flash Head(Light-emitting unit)
Maximum guide number
46 (Flash coverage setting 105 mm/STD flash distribution,ISO100・m)
AUTO/MANUAL(24 mm-105 mm)Angle of view of at 15 mm focal length is also covered with the wide panel
Flash Duration (Approx.)
Within 1.7 ms(1/1 MANUAL)
Color Temperature (Approx.)
Continuous flash performance
60 flashes at 10 flashes per second1
Flash control using pre-flash (P-TTL/ADI)
Power level switching
25 levels (1/1 - 1/256) 1/3 steps
- 105mm at ISO 100 in meters
- Refer to support information for supported cameras and functional compatibility. Functional compatibility may vary depending on a camera used.
- Ni-MH batteries. Sony tests
- 1/32 flash output level, Ni-MH batteries. Digital camera, mechanical shutter.
- α1 electronic shutter in continuous Hi+ mode. Flash output level manually set to 1/32.
- P-TTL flash control is used for each frame in the Lo, Mid and Hi continuous shooting modes. (as of 2021)
- Sony test conditions
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof. Dust and moisture resistance will also vary according to the body to which the unit is attached.
- Up to 5 groups in GROUP mode, or 3 groups in TTL or Manual modes. 3 groups max when used as a receiver.
- The mechanical shutter speed depends on the camera's spec.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.