GN601 Wireless Radio Control External Flash
- High-output Guide Number for compact mirrorless cameras (GN60)1
- Per-frame P-TTL flash control instantly adapts to changing light
- Up to 200 frames4 in high-speed bursts at up to 10 fps2
- 240 flashes with fast recycle time of 1.7 second3
- White balance and flash control linked to camera face detection2
- Light output optimized for focal length (14mm w/ wide panel to 200mm)
- Conveniently controllable from compatible camera2 body menu
- Quick Shift Bounce for horizontal and vertical camera bounce positions
- High Speed Sync, Rear-Sync, Slow-sync, and Multi-flash settings
- Operates as on-camera flash, radio wireless commander or receiver
- Stable ratio wireless communication up to 98.4 ft (30m )7
- Wirelessly control up to 15 flash units in up to 5 groups9
- Resistance to overheating for continuous performance
- Durable dust and moisture resistant design8
- Metal MI foot and side frame protects shoe connection
- Memory and MR settings to access frequently used settings
- Optional FA-EBA1 battery adapter provides 0.6 sec.3 recycle time
 Flash processor  Multi Interface Shoe  Image sensor  Image processor
 Commander Function  Receiver Function
Guide number changes according to zoom position. See the table below.
 Hi-speed sync (HSS) (shutter speed: sec.)  When the wide panel is attached
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
Auto electronic flash (clip-on type) with pre-flash metering
Multi Interface Shoe.
Name / Model (Count)
Connector protect cap(1) Mini-stand(1) Case(1) Bounce adaptor (1) Color filter (amber) (1) Color filter (green) (1) Carrying pouch (1)
Year of Launch
Radio Control Wireless Function
Radio control wireless flash
2.4 GHz band
Communication distance (Approx.) 6
3 groups(TTL/MANUAL),5 groups(group flash photography)
Maximum flash units
Lighting ratio control
Four AA-size alkaline or Ni-MH batteries
External Battery Adaptor
- 200mm at ISO 100 in meters
- Refer to support information for supported cameras and functional compatibility. Functional compatibility may vary depending on a camera used.
- Ni-MH batteries. Sony tests.
- 1/32 flash output level, Ni-MH batteries. Digital camera, mechanical shutter.
- α1 electronic shutter in continuous Hi+ mode. Flash output level manually set to 1/32.
- P-TTL flash control is used for each frame in the Mid and Hi continuous shooting modes as well as the Lo mode. (as of 2021)
- Sony test conditions
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof. Dust and moisture resistance will also vary according to the body to which the unit is attached.
- Up to 5 groups in GROUP mode, or 3 groups in TTL or Manual modes. 3 groups max when used as a receiver
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.