Alpha 9 II - Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera 24.2MP, 20FPS, 4K/30p
Inspired by Professional Passion
Built for Speed, Reliability and Productivity
The α9 II offers advances that answer the demands of professional workflows, including sophisticated operability and network connectivity for enhanced support in the field, rugged go-anywhere reliability and unrivalled speed.
α9 II Photo Gallery
Polished Speed Performance
High image quality
Advanced Workflow Support
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Approximately effective megapixels
- “Hi” continuous shooting mode. At shutter speed 1/125 sec. or higher. In AF-C mode the maximum continuous frame rate will depend on the shooting mode and lens used. A software update may be required for some lenses. Visit Sony’s support web page for lens compatibility information
- At shutter speeds of 1/125 sec. or higher. The number of AF calculations will depend on the lens used
- Voice memos are associated to images as WAVE (.wav) file format with the same name as the image.
- Voice to text requires the use of Imaging Edge™ application with ‘Transfer and Tagging Add-on’ app. Version 1.1 or later required (released in October 2019). Only available in regions where Google services are available. Voice Memo exceeding 50 seconds cannot be converted to text. For more information on the new application updates, please visit the ‘Transfer & Tagging add-on’ website at https://sony.net/ttad/6s Rea-time Tracking activated in the menu. Eye-AF for Animal works for stills only.
- Models sold in some countries/regions support IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4 GHz) wireless LAN only. 5 GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions
- Electronic shutter mode. Display updating will be slower at slow shutter speeds
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off
- Only 100 Hz and 120 Hz flicker is detected. Continuous shooting speed may decrease. Flicker-free shooting is not available during electronic shutter, BULB exposure, or movie recording
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof
- Version 2.0 or later required. For more information on the new application updates, please visit the ‘Remote Camera Tool’ website at https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/app/remotecameratool/l/index.php13 A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
- 1/32000 shutter speed is available only in the S and M modes (there are no intermediate settings between 1/16000 and 1/32000). The highest shutter speed in all other modes is 1/16000. Some distortion may occur when shooting fast-moving subjects or if the camera is moved sideways rapidly while using the electronic shutter.
- Digital audio interface recording requires compatible Sony’s microphone, e.g. ECM-B1M or XLR-K3M XLR microphone adaptor
- “Hi” continuous shooting mode, UHS-II memory card. Sony tests.
- When the camera [Aperture Drive in AF] is set to [Focus Priority], the aperture value can be set greater than F16. The continuous speed slows down. Compatible lenses: SEL200600G, SEL35F18F, SEL400F28GM, SEL600F40GM
- Sony internal tests with electronic front curtain shutter.
© 2019 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, G Master, the Alpha logo and the Sony logo are trademark of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.