Coming Soon SEL2470GM2
FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II Full-frame constant-aperture standard zoom G Master lens (SEL2470GM2)
- Superb image quality throughout the entire zoom range at all focusing distances
- Smallest and lightest F2.8 24-70mm zoom in its class2 - 24.6 oz (695 g)
- Beautiful F2.8 bokeh throughout the zoom range from advanced optics & 11-blade aperture
- Four XD Linear Motors and floating focus achieve fast, precise, quiet AF and excellent response
- Minimum focusing distance is just 8.3” at 24mm and 11.8” at 70 mm, 0.32 max magnification
- Nano AR coating II effectively suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- Advanced design reduces focus breathing, focus shift and axial shift when zooming
- Aperture ring, click/de-click switch and iris lock for professional aperture control
- Two customizable focus hold buttons, zoom smoothness switch
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability5
- ED aspherical lens elements correct spherical and chromatic aberrations
- Linear Response MF for precise, repeatable manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Front fluorine coating prevents fingerprints, dust, water and oil
- Petal shaped, bayonet mount lens hood with filter control window
G Master standard zoom
 Extreme aspherical lens (XA) lens  Aspherical lens  Super ED glass  ED (extra-low dispersion) glass
 Contrast (%)  Distance from optical center of lens (mm)  Max. aperture  F8 aperture  Spatial frequency  10 lines pairs / mm  30 line pairs / mm  Radial values  Tangential values
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
35mm full frame
Maximum aperture (F)
Minimum Aperture (F)
Maximum Magnification ratio (x)
Dimensions dia. x length (mm)
87.8 x 119.9
Dimensions dia. x length (in.)
3-1/2 x 4-3/4
Weight (approx.) (g)
Weight (approx.) (oz.)
35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) (mm)
Lens construction (groups-elements)
Angle of view (35mm)
Number of aperture blade
Minimum focus distance (m)
Minimum focus distance (ft)
- Sony survey
- As of the April 2022 product announcement, compared to full-frame autofocus 24-70mm F2.8 standard zoom lenses. Sony survey.
- “Hi+” continuous shooting mode with ILCE-1. Effective at 1/125 sec. or higher shutter speed. In AF-C mode at shutter speeds of 1/250 sec. or higher the maximum continuous frame rate will depend on the shooting mode.
- With a compatible camera and the camera’s [Aperture Drive in AF] parameter set to [Focus Priority]. See Sony’s support page on the web for camera compatibility info.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
© 2022 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo and G Master Lens are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.