Premium ES 7.2 CH 8K A/V Receiver
About This Item
- 7.2 CH A/V Receiver2 (100 W + 100 W 8 ohms, 1 kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- 8K & 4K/120 HDMI Connectivity with HDMI 2.1 support (6-in/2-out)1,4
- Supports Dolby Atmos® & DTS:X® object-based sound decoding
ES A/V Receiver: Elevated performance for all
Renowned ES Quality
Redesigned with build quality in mind
Chassis and sub-chassis
With the addition of a sub-chassis structure on the rear of the front panel, the rigidity of the receiver is increased. This results in a further reduction of vibration and improved sound quality overall.
Power Supply Capacitors
The newly designed power supply capacitors, developed by Sony, improve stability and achieve superior sound quality.
New Large Capacity Power Transformer
The redesigned power transformer also features a new core material and bobbin to lower distortion and improve sound quality.
Redeveloped digital section
The new digital section enables all signal processing to be performed on a single chip while also providing lower impedance, increased capacitance, and better stability.
New DAC enables 32-bit operations
Digital PCM signal input is processed at 32-bit and converted to analog by the DAC, while DSD signal input during direct mode is natively input to the DAC and converted to an analog signal.
Improved analog power for DAC
The DAC analog power supply uses a low- noise power supply IC to ensure that hi-fidelity performance is achieved
Buffer amp for DAC
A new DAC analog output filter circuit was designed utilizing a JFET and op-amp improvement in noise floor. The phase rotation was shifted to a higher frequency, expanding the bandwidth and improving sound clarity for wide-bandwidth sources like high-resolution audio.
Sony exclusive integrated circuit
A Sony-exclusive integrated circuit was developed to improve all amplification function on the STR-AZ1000ES.
Fine Sound Resistor
The special resistance materials and structure, pure copper has been used in the electrodes to achieve high volumes of data with rich, vivid audio quality.
Redefined video tech to power your theater
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels. Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold sep).
- 100 Watts measurements at (100 W + 100 W 8 ohms, 1 kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold sep.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps and/or VRR required.
- Sonos app required. Device must be connected to a power source, plugged into a SONOS® port, have the same Wi-Fi or hardline connection. https://www.sonos.com/en-us/how-sonos-works
- 3rd party apps, network services, content, the operating system and software of this Product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Requires product to be connected to the wireless network. 360Reality Audio requires subscription to compatible online music service and third party terms, conditions, account and fees may apply.
- Chromecast built-in compatibility dependent on app.
- User must connect to a Google account to use, including voice to activate linked apps.
- May require additional accessories. Check with your authorized dealer for details.
- For full terms and conditions please visit https://www.sony.com/electronics/support
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- BRAVIA Acoustic Center Sync mode works with the following models: Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series. Product availability varies by country. Integrated UI works with the following models: Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series, X90J series, X85J series, X80J series, A80K series, X90K series, Z9K series, A95K series, A90K series and X95K series.
- To use 360 Spatial Sound Mapping, it is necessary to run the auto calibration on the receiver using the supplied calibration microphone that comes with the receiver. 360 Spatial Sound Mapping can work with passive speakers and compatible wireless rear speakers (SA-RS3S & SA-RS5) but they must be connected to the receiver for the calibration.
©2023 Sony Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logo are trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.