- Large, 10.1" HD (1280 x 720) capacitive touchscreen
- LDAC™ allows wireless streaming of High-Resolution Audio with exceptional quality
- Single-DIN chassis gives more installation options
- Native 192 kHz / 24-bt WAV, FLAC, ALAC audio playback, and DSD file playback via 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM conversion
- USB Type-C® for compatible smartphones
Stunning sound and vision made bigger
Meet the XAV-9500ES, the oversized doorway into outstanding in-car audio-visuals. With a 10.1‑in capacitive HD touchscreen, powerful and dynamic amplification, and both wired and wireless connectivity for your smartphone, it’s going to take some persuading to get you to leave your car once this is in it.
Everything in view
Now updated with a 10.1‑in high-definition LCD panel and optically gapless design, it boasts best-in-class picture quality while assuring safer and easier operation than ever.
Gapless Anti-glare Capacitive Touchscreen
Unlike a conventional display, the LCD is bonded directly to the protective glass touch layer with a transparent adhesive. The result is an extremely precise touch experience along with enhanced contrast and visual performance.
Easy mounting and adjustment
The sturdy and adjustable mount is designed for single-DIN installation to suit a wide variety of vehicles. 1 The four-way adjustment makes it easy to position the oversized display in your perfect spot.
Sideway +/- 1"
Tilt +/- 10 degrees
Depth +/- 0.78"
Height +/- 2.36"
The Way Artists Truly Intended
Enjoy the subtle nuances of studio-quality sound with High-Resolution Audio. Passion for music unites every component from signal to speaker, so it feels like the artist is performing right in front of you.
High-Resolution wireless LDAC audio
Enjoy the convenience of Bluetooth wireless audio and exceptional sound quality thanks to LDAC. Connect compatible devices to stream audio at 96 kHz / 24-bit sampling with bitrates up to 3x higher (990 kbps) than conventional Bluetooth.
Engineered for ultimate listening pleasure—ESS digital-to-analog converter
Experience the same calibre of sound usually reserved for high-end home audio products, thanks to the ESS DAC chip—a premium converter that provides optimum quality, from all your digital music files. With high-performance 32-bit processing and eliminated timing jitter, this D/A converter delivers an unprecedented dynamic range and low harmonic distortion.
Anti-resonance dual-layer chassis
The dual-layer design of the chassis separates analog and digital circuitry, preventing electro-magnetic interference for uncompromised sound quality.
Choices for optimum performance
Carefully selected components ensures superb sound quality. The dedicated choke coil features powerful bass while filtering unwanted frequencies, for controlled and dynamic audio reproduction. Audiophile-grade capacitors deliver effortless power for clearness and tight bass, while multi-layer polymer capacitors help ensure low overall harmonic distortion and natural sound character.
The high-grade 192‑kHz / 24‑bit DSP offers pristine sound processing and time alignment—down to a remarkable 1 cm for each of the 6 addressable channels (4 speakers + 2 subwoofers via pre-out). A 14-band EQ lets you adjust the overall sound to your music or taste, and each of the 6 channels features independent 8-band parametric EQ to get optimum performance across different speaker configurations. Together with the 3-zone crossover, you can dial in the perfect match of front, rear and subwoofers.
Full smartphone connectivity without the wires
Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi and the supplied GPS antenna, you can leave your smartphone in your pocket and still access full device integration. Access navigation, communication and entertainment, all via voice control without any cable clutter.
Easily access the iPhone features you know and love, just by talking to Siri. Music, maps, phone calls and messages are all under your control. 2 Wireless connection available depending on your country or region. 3
Use commands to dictate messages, take phone calls or get help from Google Maps. You can even control music playback just by talking. 4 Wireless connection available depending on your smartphone and country or region.
Connected to your car
iDatalink® Maestro® compatibility connects the XAV-9500ES to your vehicle’s onboard computer, turning it into a customized display for factory-equipped functions and features. With an iDatalink® Maestro® RR/Maestro® RR 2 by Automotive Data Solutions you can interface with vehicle infotainment and information—for performance, safety and comfort—directly on the 10.1‑in touchscreen. 5
HD Graphical User Interface
The 1280 x 720 HD touchscreen offers an enhanced user interface for safety and ease of use. It features a high-contrast “Mobile ES” colour scheme, as well as customizable wallpaper to suit your vehicle and style.
Mobile ES Series
Immerse yourself in excellent in-car entertainment
Engineered for ultimate listening pleasure on the road, the Mobile ES Series products bring the very best of your music and connectivity together, for a driving experience like never before.
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
Bluetooth Audio Features
Audio Codec (Bluetooth Audio)
Audio Level Adjustment
Yes (-6dB to +6dB)
Cue / Rev
Group (Folder) +/-
Meta Data Indication
Pause (Bluetooth Audio)
Repeat Control (Audio Device side)
Shuffle Control (Audio Device side)
Alphabetical Phonebook Sorting
Call Volume Level Control
Last Dialed Call
Yes(select from the dialed call history)
Phone Battery Level Reminder
Phonebook Access via PBAP
Recent Calls (# of)
Ring Volume Level Control
- When installing, ensure access to vehicle’s original equipment and make sure the unit does not obstruct your field of vision.
- Apple, Apple CarPlay and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc. Apple, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Feature availability varies by countries and regions.
- Requires the Android Auto app on Google Play and on Android-compatible smartphones running Android 5.0 Lollipop or higher. For wireless connection availability, visit: https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en&ref_topic=6348027 . Android Auto may not be available on all devices and is not available in all countries or regions. Android, Android Auto, and Google Play are trademarks of Google LLC.
- Maestro® RR sold separately. Features vary by vehicle. For details, visit http://maestro.idatalink.com/ iDatalink® Maestro® are registered trademarks of Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
- The RRP is Sony's recommended retail price; the actual retail price is determined by the retailer/seller and not by Sony.
- Mobile ES and Mobile ES logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.
- This product is also known as XAV-9500ES/Q E, XAV9500ES
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.