Big screen with updated flexibility
The XAV-AX8500 digital multimedia receiver features a 25.7 cm (10.1 inch) capacitive HD touchscreen with an updated display joint featuring a new tilt and swivel mechanism. Together with both wireless and wired connectivity to your smartphone and various devices, and sound customisation, it offers a safe and enjoyable driving experience.
Oversized high-definition display
An optically gapless 25.7 cm (10.1 inch) high-definition LCD panel offers enhanced picture quality, and its clean interface enables safer and easier operation than ever.
Easily adjustable tilt and swivel
The newly designed tilt and swivel mechanism lets you manually adjust the oversized high-definition display's viewing angles. The display joint's screw-less structure gives you a range of ±15 degrees, both horizontally and vertically, with no tools required – even after installation.
Fully wireless smartphone connectivity
Thanks to a Wi-Fi® connection to your smartphone, together with the supplied GPS antenna, you can use voice control to navigate, communicate and play music on the road even with your device in your pocket.2,4
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Less than 8 seconds. Time measured approximately until safety caution is displayed.
- Wi-fi connection available for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto only. Download app at Google Play and the App Store. Network services, content, and operating system and software subject to terms and conditions and may be changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
- Apple CarPlay and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay
- To wirelessly use Android Auto on car audio, a compatible Android smartphone with an active data plan is required. Check smartphone compatibility at https://g.co/androidauto/requirements/. To use Android Auto on car audio, an Android phone running Android 8orhigher, an active data plan, and the Android Auto app are required. Some features and devices may not be available in all countries or regions. Subject to availability. Some features vary by device manufacturers. Google, Android and Android Auto are trademarks of Google LLC.
- With down conversion to 96 kHz
- A Type-C® extension’ cable supplied. No regular Type-C® cable included
- HDMI cable not supplied. The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
- Maestro® RR and RR2 sold separately. Features vary by vehicle. For details, visit http://maestro.idatalink.com/ iDatalink® Maestro® are registered trademarks of Automotive Data Solutions Inc.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary
- Requires antenna and tuner, both sold sep. Download app at Google Play and the App Store. Network services, content, and operating system and software subject to terms and conditions and may be changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
©2023 Sony Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.