WF-1000XM4 Industry Leading Noise Canceling Truly Wireless Earbuds
- Industry-leading noise canceling1 with new Integrated Processor V1
- Exceptional sound quality with new Integrated Processor V1 and supporting LDAC codec.
- Crystal-clear call quality, beamforming microphone and a bone-conduction sensor provide clear voice detection even in noisy environments
- Speak-to-chat technology automatically reduces volume during conversations
- 8 hours long battery with Noise Canceling
- IPX42 Water resistance
- Easy wireless charging with Qi technology4
- “Sony | Headphones Connect” App for Android /iOS
- Ergonomic surface design for a better fit
- Stable Bluetooth connection5
(A) WF-1000X L to R Relay BT Transmission.
(B) WF-1000XM4 L/R Simultaneous BT Transmission
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
BATTERY LIFE (CONTINUOUS COMMUNICATION TIME)
Max. 5.5 hrs (NC On) / Max. 6.0 hrs (NC Off)
Battery Charge Time
Approx. 1.5 hrs
Battery Life (continuous music playback time)
Max. 8 hrs (NC On) / Max. 12 hrs (NC Off)
BLUETOOTH Specification Version5.2
A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
Supported Audio Format(s)
SBC, AAC, LDAC
Supported Content Protection
Frequency Response (Bluetooth® Communication)
20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz sampling) 20 Hz–40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz sampling, 990 kbps) / 20 Hz–20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz sampling)
High-power neodymium magnets
Ambient Sound Mode
Digital Noise Canceling
Industry Leading Noise Canceling
- As of April 26th, 2021. Ambient noise reduction according to research by Sony Corporation, measured using JEITA-compliant guidelines for the Truly Wireless style of noise-canceling headphones market.
- Protection assured against water splashing from any angle, excluding the sound conduit (sound exit tube), ventilation holes, and microphone holes in the unit (2 locations) of the headphones. The charging case is not water resistant.
- Need to set the function to “Priority on Sound Quality” using the Sony | Headphones Connect app. Compatible devices supporting LDAC will be needed.
- Charging pad sold separately. The charging case is compatible with wireless charging pads that meet the Qi standard. Depending on the wireless charging pad you are using, it may not be able to charge properly.
- Interoperability and compatibility between Bluetooth® devices vary.
- 8hrs (earbuds) + 16hrs (charging case ), total 24hrs when using Noise Canceling and Bluetooth® connection
- In rare cases, Speak-to-Chat may unintentionally start up in response to vibrations caused by devices such as electric toothbrushes, electric massagers and electric shavers, and activities such as brushing teeth, coughing or humming.
- To deactivate Speak-to-Chat and return to your music immediately, tap either the left or right touch panel. Otherwise, music will resume playing by default 15 seconds after your conversation ends in Speak-to-Chat mode. This timeframe can be customized using the Sony | Headphones Connect app.
- The feature to activate Google Assistant by saying “Hey Google” is only available for Android devices. Google, Google Assistant and Android are trademarks of Google LLC. Amazon, Alexa and all related logos are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The Google Assistant and Alexa are not available in all languages and countries/regions. Install the Google Assistant app and set up with Sony | Headphones Connect app. For Amazon Alexa, install the Amazon Alexa app and set up with Sony | Headphones Connect app
©2021 Sony Electronics, Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony and the Sony logo are trademarks and or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logo are trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.