The world’s first TVs with cognitive intelligence1—a new dimension of picture and sound
For picture and sound you can almost feel - Cognitive Processor XR
With Cognitive Processor XR™, BRAVIA TVs analyze the content and recreate it the same way humans see and hear in the real world. For example, they understand where humans tend to focus in a picture—like the main character in a movie. They also know that sound should come from above you when it’s a jet aircraft and recreate that sound in your living room. The result is your favourite content recreated in a way that’s so real you can feel it.
How the Cognitive Processor XR works
Conventional AI can only detect and analyze picture elements like color, contrast and clarity individually. This means that picture element is enhanced to only certain level. But the way we perceive the world is based on all kinds of information coming from our eyes and ears to our brain. Working in the same way, Cognitive Processor XR™ cross-analyzes hundreds of thousands of elements at once. One of these elements is the focal point, which can detect where humans tend to focus the most. By cross-analyzing each picture element including focal point, it integrates and adjusts each part to give the picture the most depth and reality.
(1) Original (2) Color (3) Clarity (4) Focal Point (5) Contrast (6) Motion (7) Cross Analyzes
What is the focal point?
The focal point is where you tend to focus in a picture, where your eyes are naturally drawn to within the scene. TVs with Cognitive Processor XR recognize that focal point and enhance that part of the image, just as our eyes do in the real world. So, there’s more depth around the player with the football or the main character, and scoreboards become easier to see.
(1) Focal point (2) Not focal point
See how the focal point works in
Cognitive Processor XR
Creating a more realistic, immersive soundscape, just like you hear in real life
Sound-positioned to bring you into the action
With advanced sound processing that mimics the human ear by pinpointing where sound is coming from and placing it in the right spot on screen, BRAVIA XR TVs put you at the heart of the scene.
A virtual sound experience with extra dimensions
Delivering sound in horizontal and vertical directions, BRAVIA XR TVs provide a real multi-dimensional experience. They analyze and upconvert audio to 5.1.2ch surround sound, creating a true 3D soundscape.
SEE ALL BRAVIA XR TVS
- Including a processor that cross-analyzes multiple picture elements combined with focal points; recreating human perspective. As of 18 November, 2020 no other brand has specifically claimed such cognitive intelligence for their TV processor. Verified by Strategy Analytics, November 2020.
- CES® Innovation Awards are granted to products based upon materials submitted by the honourees. CTA neither verifies the accuracy of any submissions nor tests any products.
- Awarded to 85‑in model.
- Service and feature availability varies by region.
- ©2021Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, EXTRA BASS, BRAVIA, and BRAVIA CORE and its logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.