- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24–200 mm F2.8–4.5 high-resolution zoom lens
- 0.02-sec. AF, 357 focal-plane phase-detection and 425 contrast-detection AF points
- Real-time Tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- Up to 20fps Blackout-free Shooting with AF/AE tracking
- 4K HDR (HLG) recording, mic input, 180-degree flip touch screen
XYST1M Stereo Mic For Multi-Interface Shoe
At a Glance
Sensor Size and Maximum Photo Resolution
1-inch / 20.1 MP
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
4K / 30p HD / 120p
Zoom and Lens (35mm equivalent)
8x / 24-200mm F2.8-4.5
iAuto (F2.8/F11 [W])/Program Auto (F2.8/F11 [W])/Manual (F2.8/F11 [W])/Shutter Priority (F2.8/F11 [W])/Aperture Priority (F2.8/F11 [W])
Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
[AUTO/Electronic Shutter] Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 20fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 5.0fps, Single Burst Shooting Hi: approx. 90fps, Single Burst Shooting Mid: approx. 60fps, Single Burst Shooting Low: approx. 30fps [Mechanical Shutter] Continuous Shooting Hi: -, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 3.0fps
Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
Single, Continuous shooting, Single Burst Shooting, Self-timer, Self-timer(cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
Dynamic Range Functions
Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1–5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1.0–6.0EV, 1.0EV step)
[Still images] Human (Right/Left Eye Select)/Animal; [Movie] Human (Right/Left Eye Select)
[Single Shooting] iAuto (4" — 1/32000)/Program Auto(30" — 1/32000)/Manual(30" — 1/32000)/Aperture Priority(30" — 1/32000)/Shutter Priority(30" — 1/32000);, [Continuous Shooting/Single Burst Shooting] 1/8 — 1/32000
+/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
Wide (357 points [phase-detection AF], 425 points[contrast-detection AF]), Zone, Center, Flexible Spot (S/M/L), Expanded Flexible Spot, Tracking (Wide/Zone/Center/Flexible Spot[S/M/L]/Expanded Flexible Spot)
Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
Yes (1–60 sec. interval, 1–9999 shots, AE lock/AE tracking(High/Mid/Low))
ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
Auto: (ISO100–ISO12800 Level, selectable with upper/lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
Auto (ISO100-12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (extendable to ISO64/80), Multi-Frame NR:Auto (ISO100-12800), 100/200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW&JPEG [Extra fine, Fine, Standard]/JPEG [Extra fine, Fine, Standard])
- Angle of view (35mm format equivalent).
- Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1” (1.0-type) sensor. As of July 2019 press release, based on Sony research.
- CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=9.0mm (wide-end), EV6.6, Program Auto, Focus mode: AF-A, Focus area: Center.
- When using the electronic shutter with "Continuous shooting mode: Hi". Effective when the shutter speed is 1/60 or above.
- When using the electronic shutter. Effective when the shutter speed is 1/60 or above.
- Effective when using electronic shutter. The slower the shutter speed, the lower the refresh rate of the display.
- Seven still images are shot per burst. Focus and exposure are fixed at the first shot.
- Employing AI (artificial intelligence) technology, including machine learning.
- Real-time Eye AF for Animals supports still images only and cannot be used in combination with tracking. Does not work with some types of animal. Focusing may not perform well depending on scene and subject conditions.
- Approximate effective megapixels.
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording. 4K continuous recording is available for approx. 5 minutes (Auto Power OFF Temp. Standard), but can be extended (Auto Power OFF Temp. High)
- Sound cannot be recorded when shooting slow motion. An SDHC/SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required.
- Image compensation angle at wide-end (comparison with 4K standard mode).
- Please use Movie Edit add-on mobile app latest version.
- The frame area of the picture becomes narrower than the original image. Movie footage can be rendered up to Full HD quality.
- In-camera movie playback is in the horizontal position. Whether or not movies are displayed in the vertical position depends on your device.