RX100 V The premium 1.0-type sensor compact camera with superior AF performance
About This Item
- 0.05-sec. AF response with 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points
- Up to 24fps continuous shooting with AF/AE for up to 233 shots
Amazing AF speed, compact design
Ultra-fast autofocus (AF) and continuous shooting provide the edge you need to capture a moment in the blink of an eye.
Staggering performance in a 1.0-type sensor compact
Meet the RX100 V — the ultimate compact for capturing movies and stills in captivating detail. This camera inherits the RX100 series' renowned 1.0-type image sensor, and advances with blazing-fast 0.05-second2 autofocus, 315 focal plane phase-detection AF points, continuous shooting up to 24 fps3 with AF/AE tracking, as well as outstanding 4K movie capabilities.
At a glance
Top 6 features
Faster, more precise AF
24fps3 continuous shooting
0.05-sec.2, 315-point-wide AF
With dynamic AF/AE tracking
Advanced image processing system
Extended support for 4K video4 5 capture
Uncompromised quality and speed
Always sharp and clear
Super slow motion6
More versatile functions
Slower action for greater detail
Choose to shoot as you like
Faster, more precise AF
The improved autofocus is the result of a cutting-edge AF system that combines super-fast 0.05-second2 AF speed and wide, dense AF coverage employing 315 phase-detection AF points.
Wide 315-AF-point coverage keeps action in focus
315 densely arrayed phase-detection AF points offer wide coverage (65% of image sensor's image area) for consistent AF and tracking, even of small, fast-moving subjects.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- 35mm format equivalent.
- Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1” (1.0-type) sensor. As of June 2018 press release, based on Sony research.
- CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=9.0mm (wide-end), EV6.9, Program Auto, Focus mode: AF-A, Focus area: Center.
- With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi".
- With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi" and "Image quality: Fine".
- ISO 80, 100: when expanded. For still shooting only.
- 4K continuous recording is available for approx. 5 minutes. The duration available for the shooting may change according to shooting conditions. SDHC/SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required for movie recording in XAVC S format. UHS-I (U3) SDHC/SDXC card is required for 100Mbps recording.
- CIPA-standard, pitch/yaw directions, at 200mm (35mm format equivalent).
- Sound cannot be recorded when shooting slow motion. An SDHC/SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required
- Connect to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable to view HDR (HLG) movies