- ZEISS® Vario-Sonnar T* 24–200 mm F2.8–4.5 high-resolution zoom lens
- Approx. 20.1 effective megapixel 1.0-type stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS sensor with DRAM chip
- BIONZ X™ image processing engine for superior detail reproduction and noise reduction
- 0.03 sec AF response with 315 focal-plane phase-detection AF points
- Up to 24fps continuous shooting with AF/AE for up to 233 shots
HVL-LEIR1 Battery video light
At a Glance
Sensor Size and Maximum Photo Resolution
1-inch / 20.1 MP
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
4K / 30p HD / 120p
Zoom and Lens (35mm equivalent)
8x / 24-200mm F2.8-4.5
iAuto (F2.8/F11 [W])/Program Auto (F2.8/F11 [W])/Manual (F2.8/F11 [W])/Shutter Priority (F2.8/F11 [W])/Aperture Priority (F2.8/F11 [W])
Continuous Shooting Speed (maximum) (with max. recording pixels)
Continuous Shooting Hi: approx. 24fps, Continuous Shooting Mid: approx. 10fps, Continuous Shooting: approx. 3.0fps
Standard, Vivid, Neutral, Clear, Deep, Light, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, Night Scene, Autumn Leaves, Black & White, Sepia, Style Box
Single, Continuous shooting (Hi/Mid/Lo), Self-timer, Self-timer (cont.), Cont.-bracketing, Single-bracketing, White balance bracketing, DRO bracketing
Dynamic Range Functions
Off, Dynamic Range Optimizer (Auto/Level 1-5), Auto High Dynamic Range (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure Difference Level (1.0–6.0 EV, 1.0 EV step))
iAuto (4" - 1/32000)/Program Auto (30" - 1/32000)/Manual (30" - 1/32000)/Aperture Priority (30" - 1/32000)/Shutter Priority (30" - 1/32000)
+/- 3.0EV, 1/3EV step
Wide (315 points [phase-detection AF], 25 points [contrast-detection AF]), Zone, Center, Flexible Spot [S/M/L], Expanded Flexible Spot, Lock on AF Wide/Zone/Center/Flexible Spot [S/M/L]/Expanded Flexible Spot)
Single-shot AF, Automatic AF, Continuous AF, DMF, Manual Focus
Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
ISO Sensitivity (Movie)
Auto:(ISO125Level-ISO12800Level, selectable with upper / lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800
ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)(Recommended Exposure Index)
Auto (ISO125–12800, selectable with upper/lower limit), 125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (Extendable to ISO80/100), Multi-Frame NR: Auto (ISO125–12800), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600
Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness, Creative Style, Color Space (sRGB/Adobe RGB), Quality (RAW/RAW&JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)/JPEG (Extra fine, Fine, Standard)
Image Processing Engine
Yes (BIONZ X)
LOCK ON AF
- 35mm format equivalent.
- Among fixed lens digital cameras with 1” (1.0-type) sensor. As of June 2018 press release, based on Sony research.
- CIPA standard, internal measurement, at f=9.0mm (wide-end), EV6.9, Program Auto, Focus mode: AF-A, Focus area: Center.
- With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi".
- With "Continuous shooting mode: Hi" and "Image quality: Fine".
- ISO 80, 100: when expanded. For still shooting only.
- 4K continuous recording is available for approx. 5 minutes. The duration available for the shooting may change according to shooting conditions. SDHC/SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required for movie recording in XAVC S format. UHS-I (U3) SDHC/SDXC card is required for 100Mbps recording.
- CIPA-standard, pitch/yaw directions, at 200mm (35mm format equivalent).
- Sound cannot be recorded when shooting slow motion. An SDHC/SDXC memory card of Class 10 or higher is required
- Connect to an HDR (HLG) compatible Sony TV via a USB cable to view HDR (HLG) movies