External SSD Fast and Tough
- Ultra-fast data transfer up to 1000 MB/s (read and write) via USB 3.1 Gen 2 (USB Type-C™) interface
- Water/dustproof (IP67) and impact resistance
- Stylish and tough aluminum body with wave surface finish
- Hardware encryption and app-based lifetime checker
- Up to 2TB storage capacity
Windows PC, Mac
AES 256-bit encryption *Passwords to be set by "SSD Utility" app
USB 3.1 Gen 2 (SuperSpeed USB 10 Gbps)
+41 to +104 ℉ (Non-condensing)
DC 5 V (USB bus powered), Max. 900 mA
13, 227 lbf
9' 10" drop, 2000 G
-4 ℉ to +60 ℉ (Non-condensing)
Windows 7 or later, OS X 10.11 or later
Read up to 1,000 MB/s, Write up to 1,000 MB/s
Size & Weight
Dimensions (approx. W x H x D)
21 21/32" x 5 1/8" x 43 5/16"
- Based on Sony internal testing. Transfer speeds vary and are dependent on host devices, the OS version or usage conditions. To effectively utilize the product's high-speed capabilities, your compatible device must support USB 3.1 Gen 2.
- SSD-A is an equivalent sample from other brands.
- Based on Sony testing. We cannot guarantee against damage to recorded data or storage device in all situations and conditions.
- Does not support data recovery for Content Protected and Game Data files. Not all data may be recoverable.
- This product is also known as SL-M1, SL-M2, SL-MG5, SLM1/ST, SLM2/ST, SLMG5/ST
©2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, EXTRA BASS, BRAVIA, and BRAVIA CORE and its logos are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.