Alpha 1 - Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera 50.1MP, 30FPS, 4K/120p/8K/30p
Sony continues to challenge the limits of conventional imaging tools with innovative technology that delivers an unprecedented combination of resolution and speed plus intuitive operation. The α1 offers new dimensions of imaging performance as well as efficient workflow, giving the user new creative freedom.
The α mission
The α mission is to give creators the power to realize their dreams. The α1 is its most potent expression to date.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Approx., effective
- Processing power compared to the BIONZ X imaging processing engine
- “Hi+” continuous shooting mode. In focus modes other than AF-C, effective at 1/125 sec. or higher shutter speed. In AF-C mode, effective at 1/250 sec. or higher shutter speed. The maximum continuous frame rate will depend on the shooting mode and lens used. 20 fps max. when shooting uncompressed or lossless RAW.
- At shutter speeds of 1/125 sec. or higher. The number of AF calculations will depend on the lens used.
- Using electronic shutter. Display updating will be slower at low shutter speeds.
- As of the January 2021 product announcement, Sony survey of full-frame interchangeable-lens digital still cameras.
- Full-frame up to 1/200 sec., APS-C up to 1/250sec. Synchronization via the sync terminal is not available for electronic shutter. Continuous shooting speeds are slower during flash use when shooting with the electronic shutter.
- Still image for humans, animals, and birds. Eye-AF for animals and birds not available in movie mode.
- 5.5-step shutter speed advantage based on CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off.
- Slight 1.1x (10%) image crop in Active Mode. “Standard” setting recommended for focal lengths of 200mm or longer. Active Mode is not available for 8K recording or when recording at frame rates of 120 fps (100 fps PAL) or higher, or when using S&Q.
- ISO range ISO100-32,000, expanded to ISO50-102,400 for stills and ISO100-32,000 for movies.
- 15 stop for Still images. 15+ stops movie shooting with S-Log 3. Sony test conditions.
- 759 AF measurement points for still images. The number of points used varies according to the shooting mode.
- APS-C and Super 35 modes are not available when shooting 4K 120p and 8K movies.
- 120p has a 1.1x crop. XAVC S-I (S&Q) 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires CFexpress Type A (VPG200 or higher). XAVC S-I 4K 60p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires SDXC V90 or faster. XAVC S / XAVC HS 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires SDXC V60 or faster. XAVC S HD 240p 10-bit 4:2:2 requires SDXC V60 or faster. CFexpress Type A supports all internal shooting modes.
- Requires optional compatible external recorder.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and water resistant.
- Image size after compositing is approx. 49.7 million (8640 x 5760) pixels for 4-image shots, and approx. 199 million pixels (17280 x 11520) for 16-image shots. Four 49.7 megapixel images, provide approx. 199 million pixels, and sixteen 49.7 megapixel images provide approx. 796 million pixels before compositing.
- When paired with optional compatible microphone like the XLR-K3M digital microphone adaptor kit
- Approx. 1.5x compared to the α9 II using electronic shutter. Slight distortion may be noticeable in some shooting situations. Shutter speeds slower than 1/2 sec. cannot be selected.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo, Exmor R and BIONZ XR are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.