Alpha 7 IV - Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera & Lens Kit 33MP, 10FPS, 4K/60p
Alpha 7 IV
For a new generation of imagemakers.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Approximate effective.
- Compared to the Alpha 7 III.
- Sony test conditions. 15-stop for Still images. 15+ stops for Movie.
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off. Still-image mode.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- 759 AF measurement points for still images. The number of points used varies according to the shooting mode.
- Up to 10 fps in continuous “Hi+” mode and up to 8 fps in continuous “Hi” mode. Maximum continuous shooting speed is reduced when shooting lossless or uncompressed RAW / RAW+JPEG images. Maximum fps will depend on camera settings. Sony test conditions.
- CFexpress Type A memory card is required.
- “Tracking” must be activated in the menu.
- Accurate focus may not be achieved with certain subjects in certain situations.
- 4K QFHD (3840×2160). 7K (7032 x 3958). 4K 24p (25p) and 30p available in full-frame mode. 4K 60p (50p) recording available in Super 35mm mode only.
- SDXC memory card (V90 or higher) or CFexpress Type A memory card (VPG200 or higher) required.
- XAVC HS compatible editing software is required. XAVC HS format uses the MPEG-H HEVC/H.265 high-efficiency codec.
- Angle of view and image quality may change slightly when this feature is turned on. Breathing Compensation is not available for unsupported lenses, 120p (100p) movie recording, S&Q recording at 120p (100p), or stills. Compatibility of lenses is limited. Please see Sony support page for lens compatibility. https://www.sony.net/dics/breathing/
- Digital audio signal is available when using compatible digital MI shoe microphone.
- The Focus Map function cannot be used under the following conditions: when shooting stills, when the Focus Magnifier function is in use, when using digital zoom, during USB streaming, when no lens is mounted, when an A-mount lens is mounted, or when using the SEL16F28. For other lenses, please use the latest firmware.
- Not available when using the SELP1650, SEL18200LE or A-mount lenses.
- Effectiveness may vary according to conditions.
- The Focus Map function cannot be used in the following conditions: When shooting stills, when the Focus Magnifier function is in use, when using digital zoom, during USB streaming, when no lens is mounted, when an A-mount lens is mounted, or when using the SEL16F28. For other lenses, please use the latest firmware.
- Catalyst version 2021.1 or later is required. Camera image stabilization must be set to [Off] or [Active] in order to use the recorded metadata for image stabilization. Gyro data is not recorded when 120 fps or 100 fps is selected.
- The divider frame is a still image and will not be visible when only movie files are being displayed. Divider frames are created in JPEG format, even when shooting RAW, RAW+JPEG, or HEIF images.
- Available when assigned to a custom button.
- 5GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions.
- Touch Operation must be turned on in advance via the menu.
- USB charging and power delivery are only supported via the USB Type-C® terminal. A battery must be installed in the camera when supplying USB power. The internal battery may drain even if USB power is supplied, depending on the adaptor used and camera operating conditions.
- 9V/3A output. Compatibility is not guaranteed with all USB PD devices. The internal battery will not be charged while camera power is ON and the camera is in use.
- Imaging Edge Desktop and Mobile are available as free download. Imaging Edge Mobile™ version 7.6 or later is required.
- Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote/Viewer/Edit) version 3.2 or later is required. Does not support full functional compatibility with some camera models. See the Sony support site for details: https://www.sony.net/disoft/help
- Your PC or smartphone OS must be compatible with UVC/UAC to use this functionality. Among smartphones, operation has been verified with the Xperia Pro, Xperia 1 II, Xperia 1 III, Xperia 5 II and Xperia 5 III (latest firmware required) for Android™ 11 or later (As of Oct 2021). Compatibility with other smartphones depends on manufacturers’ specifications. A commercially available USB cable and/or terminal adaptor may be used to connect to equipment with a USB Type-C port. Audio will not be available when the camera is connected to an Xperia smartphone via the USB Type-C® connector using a USB 3.0 cable, and resolution is set to 1920 x 1080 or above. Audio will be available if resolution is set to HD720. Resolution is limited to 1280 x 720 when connecting via the USB Type-C® connector or Multi/Micro USB connector using a USB 2.0 cable.
- Available formats are 4K 15p (12.5p), Full HD 60p (50p), Full HD 30p (25p), and HD720 30p (25p).
- Slight image crop in Active Mode. "Standard" setting recommended for focal lengths of 200mm or longer. Active Mode is not available when recording at 120 (100) fps.
- When using a compatible flash unit from Sony.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo, Exmor R and BIONZ XR are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.