- World’s first1 61MP2 full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R™ sensor
- 15-stop dynamic range3, 14-bit uncompressed RAW11, ISO 50 to 102,400510
- Up to 10fps continuous shooting at 61MP with AE/AF tracking
- Incredible autofocus: 567 phase-detection / 425 contrast AF points
- Real-time Tracking5 and Real-time Eye AF for human, animal and movie
- APS-C crop mode delivers stunning 26.2MP2 high resolution images
- 5.76 million dot UXGA OLED Tru-Finder™ electronic viewfinder
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization, 5.5 step13 shutter speed advantage
- High-speed 2.4 and 5GHz Wi-Fi15 / FTP transfer and wireless PC remote7
- Super speed USB Type-C™ (USB 3.2 Gen 1 compatible) and Micro USB
FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM
FE 24-70 mm F2.8 GM
Vertical Grip for α9 II and α7R IV
At a Glance
Maximum Photo Resolution and Frame Rates
61.0 MP up to 10 fps
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
4K / 30p HD / 120p
Maximum ISO Sensitivity
Photo: ISO 100–32000 (expandable: ISO 50-102400) Movie: IISO 100–32000
Customkey settings,ProgrammableSetting(Body 3 sets /memorycard 4sets), My Menu,My Dial Settings,Reg Cust Shoot Set
Single Shooting,Continuousshooting(Hi+/Hi/Mid/Loselectable),Self-timer, Self-timer (Cont.),Bracket:Single,Bracket:Cont., WhiteBalancebracket,DRO bracket
ContinuousDrive Speed (approx.max.)
Continuousshooting:Hi+: max. 10 fps, Hi: max. 8 fps, Mid: max. 6fps, Lo:max. 3 fps3
No. of recordableframes(approx.)
JPEG Extra fine L: 68 frames,JPEG Fine L: 68 frames,JPEG, RAW: 68 frames,RAW & JPG: 68 frames,RAW (Uncompressed):30 frames,RAW(Uncompressed)& JPG: 30 frames3
10 sec. delay/5sec. delay/2sec. delay/Continuousself-timer (3 framesafter10 sec. delay/5framesafter 10 sec. delay/3framesafter 5 sec. 10 sec. delay/5framesafter 10 sec. delay/3framesafter 5 sec.delay/5framesafter 5 sec. delay/3framesafter 2 sec. delay/5framesafter 2 sec. delay)/Bracketingself-timer (Off/2 sec. delay/5sec. delay/10sec.delay)
Pixel Shift Multi Shooting
EV-3 to EV20 (at ISO100equivalentwith F2.0 lens attached)
Multi-segment,Center-weighted,Spot, Spot Standard/Large,Entire ScreenAvg., Highlight
- As of July 2019, based on Sony survey of digital cameras with a full-frame image sensor
- Approximately, effective
- Still images. Sony test conditions
- Up to 10 fps in “Hi+” continuous mode with mechanical shutter. UHS-II compatible SDXC memory card. Sony test conditions. Up to 68 Extra Fine/Fine JPEG or compressed RAW images can be captured at 10 fps in continuous “Hi+” mode, and up to 8 fps in continuous “Hi” mode. Maximum fps will depend on camera settings.
- This function does not track animal eyes
- Accurate focus may not be achieved with certain subjects in certain situations. Stills only. “Animal” mode must be selected via the Face/Eye AF Settings menu before shooting.
- Image Edge desktop application Ver. 2.0 or later is required for compositing. Pixel Shift Multi Shot mage compositing may not be successful if camera or subject movement causes blur. Some restrictions apply to flash and other devices.
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
- Super 35mm 4K recording results in a slightly narrower angle of view.
- Standard ISO 100 up to ISO 32000 expandable to ISO 50 to ISO 102400 for still images
- Limited to 12 bits during compressed RAW continuous shooting, BULB exposure, or when Long Exposure NR is ON
- Some distortion may occur when shooting fast-moving subjects or if the camera is moved sideways rapidly while using the electronic shutter.
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Models sold in some countries/regions support IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) wireless LAN only. 5GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions.
- Digital audio interface recording requires Sony’s ECM-B1M microphone or XLR-K3M XLR microphone adaptor
© 2019 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, G Master, the Alpha logo and the Sony logo are trademark of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.