- World’s first 5-axis in-body image stabilization in a full-frame camera.
- Use your favorite lenses without blur from camera shake.
- Capture stunning images with full-frame, 24.3MP resolution.
- Fast hybrid AF with phase-detection - 30% faster than α7.
- Compatible with Sony’s E-mount lenses, and others with adaptors.
- High contrast, 2.4-million dot OLED EVF for eye-level framing.
- Record Full HD in XAVC S format up to 50Mb/s.
- 3" LCD screen tilts up and down for easy high/low-angle framing.
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi®/NFC.
- Tether your camera to a PC for Remote Camera Control.
FE 28-70 mm F3.5-5.6 OSS (SEL2870), P mode, 1/80 sec., F4.5, +0.3 EV, ISO 200, Auto white balance
Enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility.
The α7 II analyzes information from your E-mount and A-mount6 lenses to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilization for the particular lens you mount.
Whenever fleeting photo opportunities arise, you can always depend on state-of-the-art Fast Hybrid AF.
Fast Hybrid AF smoothly tracks fast-moving subjects nearly anywhere on the screen thanks to a wide-area 117-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor.
Autofocus is 30% faster7. Just point, shoot, and let Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF system instantly capture your fast-moving subject with razor-sharp clarity.
Beautifully capture fast-moving subjects with sharp, well-exposed results thanks to 5-fps continuous AF/AE shooting, a dramatically improved algorithm and continuous AF Display.
*Note: Services availability depends on region.
*Note: Service availability depends on region.
At a Glance
Maximum Photo Resolution and Frame Rates
24.3 MP up to 5 fps
Maximum Movie Resolution and Frame Rates
HD / 60p
Maximum ISO Sensitivity
Photo: ISO 50-25000 Movie: ISO 50-25000
Built-in stereo microphone or ECM-XYST1M / XLR-K1M (sold separately)
Custom Function Type
Custom key settings Programmable Setting
Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.)
5 fps (in High Continuous Shooting)
Single shooting, Continuous shooting, Self-timer (10/2 s delay selectable), Self-timer (Cont.) (10 s delay 3/5 exposures selectable), Bracketing (Cont., Single, White Balance, DRO)
Locked when shutter button is pressed halfway. Available with AE lock button. (On/Off/Auto)
Auto (AE) Bracketing
Cont./Bracket: Single, with 1/3 EV, 1/2 EV, 2/3 EV, 1.0 EV, 2.0 EV, 3.0 EV increments, 3/5 frames selectable
AUTO (iAUTO, Superior Auto), Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority (A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Scene Selection, Sweep Panorama, Movie
ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
EV -1 to EV 20 (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
"Exmor®" CMOS sensor