Alpha 7R II - Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera 42.4MP, 5FPS, 4K/30p
Item is no longer available
Define the next dimension
With an incomparable new image sensor
Now, even more comprehensive quality enters the picture. With the world’s first 2 back-illuminated 35 mm full-frame CMOS image sensor with 42.4 megapixels 3, the Sony α7R II takes image resolution, sensitivity (up to ISO 102,400 4) and speedy response to new heights. The Fast Hybrid AF system’s dense extra-wide focal plane phase-detection AF coverage keeps a subject in sharp focus entirely throughout the frame, while 5-axis image stabilization reduces blur which otherwise tends to affect handheld shots. High resolution is further enhanced by 4K movie recording featuring full pixel readout without pixel binning. With so much insight packed into such a compact form, it’s clear that there is more to life than meets the naked eye.
World’s first 2 back-illuminated full-frame sensor
Higher resolution, sensitivity, and readout speed
As the world’s first 2 35 mm full-frame image sensor with back-illuminated structure, this 42.4-megapixel CMOS sensor enhances light collection efficiency, expands circuitry scale, and, with the help of a quick-transmission copper wiring layer, outputs data about 3.5 times faster 5, while minimizing image noise to reveal fine details in every picture.
Faster, smarter, truer processing
The BIONZ X™ image processing engine efficiently and finely tunes the new image sensor’s vast 42.4-megapixel data for truer, clearer, more natural, low-noise image depiction.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Among digital cameras with a 35mm full-frame image sensor at the time of June 2015 press release, based on Sony research.
- In comparison with the α7R.
- ISO 100-25600 expandable to ISO 50–102400 for shooting still images.
- According to Sony internal testing, with the electronic front curtain shutter activated.
- Movie recording is possible for approximately 29 minutes.
- A class 10 or higher SDXC memory card is required to record movies in the XAVC S™ format. UHS Speed Class 3 is also required for recording at 100Mbps.
- Among digital still camera viewfinders at the time of June 2015 press release. Full-display diagonal field of view: approx. 38.5 degrees; live-view-display diagonal field of view: approx. 37.2 degrees. The viewfinder magnification is approx. 0.78x (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1m-1). As of June 2015 based on Sony research.
- Some functions can only be assigned to certain buttons.
- Requires a valid Sony Entertainment Network account. Some apps require a fee.
- Requires optional LA-EA1 or LA-EA3 lens adaptor with SSM or SAM A-mount lens.
Sony, BIONZ X, Exmor R, PlayMemories Home, PlayMemories Mobile, PlayMemories Camera Apps, PlayMemories Online, SteadyShot INSIDE, Xtra Fine LCD and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. AVCHD™ is a trademark of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation. Mac OS and iMovie are trademarks of Apple Computers, Inc. HDMI are a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.