Alpha 7R IV - Full-frame Interchangeable Lens Camera 61MP, 10FPS, 4K/30p
Item is no longer available
Virtuoso expression. Sony’s full-frame mirrorless α7R IV reveals ever more overwhelming photographic vision, with expressive prowess once expected only in medium-format cameras, and remarkably high speed in a compact body. See how its enhanced rigidity and connectivity raise your productivity.
Ever more inspiring
Enter a whole new world of photographic expression with incomparable image quality and processing speed. A powerful new choice joins the α7R series with ever more advanced connectivity and enhanced reliability demanded by pros.
Superb resolution and gradation
Agile and responsive
Striking portraits, smart workflow
Envision the unseen
full-frame Exmor R™ CMOS sensor combined with BIONZ X™ imaging engine delivers unprecedented resolution, fine gradation, and low noise to open entirely new dimensions of detail just as pro photographers expect. The α7R IV captures the mood of each scene and the texture of subjects.
61.0 MP full-frame back-illuminated CMOS sensor
The latest image processing engine
The newly developed Exmor R CMOS image sensor boasts incomparable high resolution. The Back-illuminated design exhibits high sensitivity and low noise, despite an extremely high pixel count of 61.0 MP
The BIONZ X image processing engine and front-end LSI to maximize high-resolution sensor performance and up to 15-stops of dynamic range.
Wide standard ISO 100-32000 range
Regardless of increased pixels, the α7R IV delivers the highest standard ISO 32000 and reduces noise in the low- and mid-sensitivity ranges, achieving high-quality imagery.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- As of July 2019, based on Sony survey of digital cameras with a full-frame image sensor
- Approximately, effective
- Still images. Sony test conditions
- Up to 10 fps in “Hi+” continuous mode with mechanical shutter. UHS-II compatible SDXC memory card. Sony test conditions. Up to 68 Extra Fine/Fine JPEG or compressed RAW images can be captured at 10 fps in continuous “Hi+” mode, and up to 8 fps in continuous “Hi” mode. Maximum fps will depend on camera settings.
- This function does not track animal eyes
- Accurate focus may not be achieved with certain subjects in certain situations. Stills only. “Animal” mode must be selected via the Face/Eye AF Settings menu before shooting.
- Image Edge desktop application Ver. 2.0 or later is required for compositing. Pixel Shift Multi Shot mage compositing may not be successful if camera or subject movement causes blur. Some restrictions apply to flash and other devices.
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. UHS speed class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
- Super 35mm 4K recording results in a slightly narrower angle of view.
- Standard ISO 100 up to ISO 32000 expandable to ISO 50 to ISO 102400 for still images
- Limited to 12 bits during compressed RAW continuous shooting, BULB exposure, or when Long Exposure NR is ON
- Some distortion may occur when shooting fast-moving subjects or if the camera is moved sideways rapidly while using the electronic shutter.
- CIPA standards. Pitch/yaw shake only. Planar T* FE 50mm F1.4 ZA lens. Long exposure NR off
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Models sold in some countries/regions support IEEE 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz) wireless LAN only. 5GHz communication may be restricted in some countries and regions.
- Digital audio interface recording requires Sony’s ECM-B1M microphone or XLR-K3M XLR microphone adaptor
© 2019 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Sony, G Master, the Alpha logo and the Sony logo are trademark of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.