FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM
Full-frame Ultra-wide Zoom G Master Lens
- World’s widest1 full-frame constant F2.8 at 12-24mm3
- F2.8 max aperture provides extraordinary exposure and depth of field
- Spectacular resolution: 3x Extreme Aspheric elements, 1x Aspheric
- 3x ED (Extra-low dispersion) elements suppress chromatic aberrations
- 4x Extreme Dynamic - XD Linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- 9-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- 11” min. focus distance up to 0.14x magnification for close-up shots
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability2
- Compact, lightweight design: ideal for both full-frame and APS-C2
- Programmable focus hold button for multiple functions
- Linear Response MF for precise manual focus control
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Front fluorine coating prevents fingerprints, dust, water and oil
- Rear filter holder expands versatility for sheet type ND filters
- Built for both worlds: Ideal for still and video creators
Mount rubber ring
Maximum aperture (F)
Minimum Aperture (F)
Maximum Magnification ratio (x)
Dimensions dia. x length (mm)
97.6 x 137
Dimensions dia. x length (in.)
3-7/8 x 5-1/2
Weight (approx.) (g)
Weight (approx.) (oz.)
35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) (mm)
Lens construction (groups-elements)
Angle of view (APS-C) *1 *1 With interchangeable-lens digital camera incorporating APS-C type image sensors.
Angle of view (35mm)
Number of aperture blade
Minimum focus distance (m)
Minimum focus distance (ft)
Image stabilization (SteadyShot)
- Compared to interchangeable constant F2.8 zoom lenses for 35mm full-frame format digital cameras. As of July 2020, press release. Sony survey.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture resistant
- 12-24mm focal length on full-frame cameras and 18-36mm when used on APS-C cameras. Focal length based on 35mm full-frame equivalent.
© 2020 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo and G Lens are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.