FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II Full-frame compact telephoto zoom
About This Item
- Spectacular G Lens rendering and corner to corner resolution
- Eye-opening close-up performance with half macro (0.5x) at all focal lengths
- Fast, precise, quiet autofocus and tracking matches high-speed cameras
high-resolution telephoto zoom
Our most advanced lens technology comes together in a compact, lightweight 70-200 mm F4 telephoto zoom G Lens™ that delivers outstanding optical and AF performance as well as half-macro capability1 throughout the zoom range. Impressive handling and mobility make it an excellent choice for a wide range of still and movie applications.
Spectacular G Lens rendering
Excellent corner-to-corner resolution and contrast throughout the zoom range are achieved by combining AA (advanced aspherical) and aspherical lens elements. Three ED (Extra-low Dispersion) elements and one Super ED element suppress chromatic aberration and color bleeding for revealing sharpness. Exquisite full-frame bokeh is enhanced by a circular 9-blade aperture mechanism and optimized spherical aberration.
Eye-opening close-up performance
This is the world's first2 zoom lens in its class to offer half-macro capability1 throughout the zoom range. Minimum focusing distance is 10- 1/4 in. (0.26 m) at the wide end and 16-1/2 in. (0.42 m) at the telephoto end of the zoom range, with a maximum magnification of 0.5x throughout. New levels of zoom close-up capability offer unprecedented versatility and freedom for shooting stills as well as movies.
Reviews & Questions
- When using a 35mm Full-frame sensor camera. In the case of using an APS-C sensor camera, 0.75x equivalent magnification throughout the zoom range in the 35mm format.
- As of the July 2023 product announcement. Sony survey.
- Compared to SEL70200G, Sony tests
- Compatibility info at: https://www.sony.net/dics/breathing/. Available in movie mode only. Angle of view and image quality may change slightly when this function is used. Compensation may not be able to cover all situations.
- Not guaranteed to be 100% dust and moisture proof.
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
© 2023 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Sony, the Sony logo, the Alpha logo, G Master and G Lens are trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners.