Airpeak S1 | The installed gimbal, camera, and lens are sold separately
- World‘s smallest drone that can carry a full frame Alpha series mirrorless camera6
- Max speed of 55.9mph (25m/s)1, maximum angular velocity of 180°/s2 and attitude angle up to 55°3
- Sony developed propulsion device and flight control system
- Flight time up to 22 minutes4 without a payload.
- Stable in winds up to 44.7 mph (20m/s)5
- Retractable landing gear for unobstructed camera field of view
- Detachable propellers for fast easy replacement and transport
- Sony developed stereo cameras and vision sensing processor with original algorithm for real time 3D spatial awareness
- Achieves stable flight in enclosed spaces or when out of range of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS)
- Equipped with obstacle braking function by multi-directional sensing
- RCR-VH1 remote controller operates the aircraft, gimbal, and camera while providing real-time image output.
- Use with "Airpeak Flight" mobile app to control, monitor and manage the aircraft, remote controller, camera, and gimbal in-flight.
- Dual Operation Mode for independent control of Aircraft and Gimbal/Camera.
- Equipped with flexible flight modes to make flying and creating even easier
- "Airpeak Base" web app for integrated management of flight plans, flight logs, and equipment
For Maintenance and Safe Use:
- In order to use Airpeak safely, before and after each flight please perform inspections, maintenance and replacement of consumables as necessary.
- Always use the latest drone and transmitter system software and the "Airpeak Flight" app, and stop the flight if you notice any abnormalities.
- It is important to know the usage status of the drone, propellers, and batteries. You can check the number of flights of the drone, the flight time, and the number of times the battery is charged on the Airpeak Base app.
- We recommend that you replace the propellers at 100 flights and the battery upon 200 charges or earlier, if needed. Failure to do so may result in an accident with regard to the drone.
- PLEASE NOTE: Sony's regular inspection does not include replacement of propellers and batteries, which are sold separately.
- Sony recommends that you regularly inspect the drone upon 250 flights or 50 hours of flight whichever comes first or as needed based on use.
- Airpeak EULA and End User Agreement.
*no payload, obstacle brake function disabled.
*1 flying at sea level, no wind, cruising speed 9m/s.
*2 requires 2 batteries during the flight
*: Gremsy gimbal parameters may need to be calibrated when using certain camera and lens setups.
Approx. 25.5 inch (without propellers)
Approx. 20.75(H) x 23.38(W) x 20.25(D) inches（Landing position, without propellers） *Approx. 39.88(W) inch(Landing gear is up)
Approx. 6 lb 14.9 oz (without battery packs)
Approx. 5 lb 9.4 oz
Max Takeoff Weight
Approx. 15 lb 5.7 oz
25m/s (55.9 mph) without payload, obstacle brake disabled
Max Ascent Speed
7m/s (without payload, obstacle brake disabled)
Max Descent Speed
4m/s (without payload, obstacle brake disabled)
Approx. 3.5 seconds (from 0 to 49.7mph, without payload)
Max Angular Velocity
Pitch: 180°/s, Yaw: 180°/s, Roll:180°/s (Vision Positioning disabled)
Max Pitch Angle
55° (Obstacle brake disabled), 35° (Obstacle brake enabled)
Max Wind Resistance
20m/s (44.7 mph) (without payload)
Max Service Ceiling
8,202 ft（Above Sea Level, with max payload）
- Without payload, obstacle brake disabled
- Vision Positioning disabled
- Obstacle brake disabled
- Without payload, cruising speed(9m/s) ,sea level, no wind
- Without payload
- Use with camera systems (lens filter, hood etc.) weighing under 1.1kg
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony is not responsible for typographical and photographic errors. Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. Some colors may not be available in all markets. Services described herein may require separate registration and be subject to additional terms, conditions and fees.