A9G 4K HDR OLED with Smart Android TV (2019)
- Available in 77" class (76.7" diag)
- 4K High Dynamic Range
- Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate
- Acoustic Surface Audio+™
- Android TV™
MASTER Series A9G
Mastering shadows and highlights
Discover why film makers are so excited by the MASTER Series
See how amazed the director and producers of Jumanji: The Next Level were with the MASTER Series A9G when they saw how faithfully it reproduced the pictures and sound of their movie.
The Annual TV Shootout evaluation event was created by Value Electronics. The TV Shootout name is a trademark owned by Value Electronics.
Awarded as Highly Recommended TV by HDTVtest
At a glance
Pictures and sound in perfect harmony
Be in the moment with true-to-life pictures and acoustics to match. Beautifully detailed images combine with our Sound-from-Picture Reality™ for a captivating audio-visual performance.
With unmatched processing power, the Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate detects hundreds of different objects on-screen and intelligently enhances brightness, detail and color so everything you watch is clear, bright and incredibly realistic.
Maximizing OLED contrast in every color
Powered by the Picture Processor X1™ Ultimate, this OLED TV pairs the deep black and natural color of OLED with Pixel Contrast Booster™ for enhanced color contrast in high luminance. Everything you watch comes to life with fine detail and vivid color.
Just like in a concert hall, sound comes at you from different directions with Acoustic Surface Audio+™. Two actuators and two powerful subwoofers deliver multi-dimensional sound that immerses you in a whole new entertainment experience.
The centerpiece of breathtaking sound
Use your BRAVIA® as a center speaker and hear dialogue, vocals and instruments with exceptional clarity. Simply connect your home theater system to unleash an immersive cinematic experience.
Enjoy studio quality with Netflix Calibrated Mode
This mode was specially developed to enjoy Netflix originals and reproduce the same picture quality on a TV as on a studio evaluation master. With Netflix Calibrated Mode, the creator's vision and intent is faithfully preserved.3
Our Android TVs are recommended by Netflix
Netflix have created an easy way for you to identify TVs with better performance, easier app access and new features that make for a better smart TV. Netflix-recommended TVs help you enjoy popular shows and movies with a dedicated button and voice control.
Get started with just one button
Sony TVs have a dedicated Netflix button, so you can start streaming with just one click.
Stream all of HBO together with even more new hits, classic favorites, and Max Originals.
HBO Max is available on Sony’s Android TVs, bringing you over 10,000 hours of entertainment. Stream all of HBO together with so much more, all in one place with vibrant colors and dramatic contrast. 4
Enjoy 190+ channels with XUMO
Watch movies and TV, breaking news, sports, comedy and more. Experience endless entertainment powered by XUMO with over 190 free channels seamlessly integrated into your TV programming guide. 5 To integrate XUMO channels into the programming guide, download and launch XUMO app from Sony Select, and follow the on-screen instructions.
Embrace the thrills of the theater
See all your favorite movies in a completely new way with more drama and realism on a 4K Ultra HD TV that's designed to deliver an authentic theater experience at home.
This Sony 4K HDR TV is an IMAX Enhanced product, ready to meet high-quality color, contrast, clarity and sound. Take comfort in knowing you'll be enjoying a fully immersive at-home entertainment experience on this TV that takes full advantage of IMAX Enhanced content. 6 7
Life’s brilliance, revealed with extra colors
See vivid real-world colors all around you. A TRILUMINOS Display maps colors from a wider palette, faithfully reproducing every shade and hue in the umbrellas.
Beautiful from any angle
A clean, minimalist design keeps you focused on what's important - the picture. 9
Close to the wall, like a work of art
Mount your TV to the wall. It fits as close as a picture and blends effortlessly with your room. With our exclusive wall mount bracket, the SU-WL855, this TV can be mounted much closer to the wall. The SU-WL855 is coming soon.
Cables concealed, neat and tidy
Keep cables neatly hidden in the stand and held in place with the supplied cable holder. 10
Watch what you love. Control it with your voice
You can ask your Google Assistant to find your favorites. It's truly effortless and offers the ultimate viewing experience. Control your Sony TV and other connected devices using your voice – there's no smarter way to run your life. 11 12 13
Android TV opens the door to unlimited entertainment
With BRAVIA's TV home screen, it's easy to find the content you want to watch. Simply ask the TV for your favorite movie, then sit back and enjoy. Customize the home screen as you like, and expand your experience with easy connection to other devices.
Works with Apple AirPlay / Apple HomeKit 14
With Apple AirPlay, you can stream video and audio to your television right from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Watch movies and shows from Apple TV app, your favourite apps, or even Safari. Share your photos with everyone in the room.15
Connect with Google Home
Connect Google Home for seamless hands-free control of a Sony TV. With Google Home, you can find and cast your favorite videos to your Sony TV, without lifting a finger.
Easy control with smart remote
Connect set top boxes and other devices via HDMI to your TV and control them all using one smart commander. A slimmer, more rounded design with built-in voice control microphone and enhanced button layout makes it really easy to use, too. 17
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
Audio Description (Audio key)
Wallmount Bracket (SU-WL855)Depends on country selection
Number of Tuners (Sat)
Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable)
TV System (Analog)
TV System (Digital Cable)
TV System (Digital Sat)
TV System (Digital Terrestrial)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Analog)
VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Cable)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial)
VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69
- 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services, such as Netflix and Amazon Video or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input. Requires HDMI® cables sold separately
- Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- This is the perceptible contrast level expanded by X-tended Dynamic Range PRO technology, which is a unique figure calculated for the contrast that users actually feel and experience (XDR Contrast). This figure is based on our conventional TV without local dimming.
- IMAX Enhanced content enables the full IMAX Enhanced experience.
- Dolby Vision™ is available via network update. Dolby Vision content will be compatible with Dolby Vision devices and streaming services such as Prime Video, Apple TV 4K, and Netflix.
- Chromecast built-in compatibility dependent on app.
- Google Home device (sold separately) compatible with Sony TV’s powered by Android TV. Requires compatible devices connected to the same wireless home network. Download the Google Home app from the iPhone App Store or Google Play. Subject to third party app terms and conditions. User must link compatible devices in order to control operation. Once download is complete, the Google Home feature may be connected to the Sony device to access the voice control function
- Amazon Alexa enabled devices (sold separately) compatible with Sony TV’s powered by Android TV. Amazon account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content. Compatible devices require internet connection.
- Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse
- Requires separately sold CalMAN calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, a meter (colorimeter, spectrophotometer etc.), and CalMAN for BRAVIA app to be downloaded from Google Play and installed on your TV. Internet needed to utilize app services on TV. Network services, content, and software of this product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
- This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. AirPlay firmware update is required and will be available by December 2019. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
© 2019 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited
Sony X-Reality, X-Motion Clarity, TRILUMINOS, X-tended Dynamic Range and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. HDMI is a trademark of HDMI Licensing LLC. Android, Android TV, Google Play, Google, YouTube and the Google logo are registered trademarks of Google Inc., used with permission. Amazon Alexa is a registered trademark of Amazon Technologies, Inc. Dolby, Dolby Vision and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories. Nest is a trademark of Nest Labs, Inc. Netflix is a trademark of Netflix Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.
This product complies with the relevant prohibitions, restrictions, and other provisions specified in 40 CFR § 751.407 regarding the processing and distribution of phenol, isopropylated phosphate (3:1).