BRAVIA XR A90K 4K HDR OLED TV with smart Google TV (2022)
Available to pre-order in July 2022
Enjoy movies included with BRAVIA XR TVs2
- 10 credits redeem on latest release movies
- 24 months unlimited streaming of top movies
- Intelligent TV processing technology with Cognitive Processor XR that delivers natural and realistic picture quality.
- Take your gaming to the next level with input lag as low as 8.5ms and BRAVIA XR exclusive features for the PlayStation®5.7
- Get the advantage in high-performance gaming with 4K/120,10 VRR,11 ALLM as specified in HDMI 2.1.
- Immersive depth and realism with lifelike brightness enhanced by XR OLED Contrast Pro.
- Billions of accurate colors deliver natural and beautiful picture quality, enhanced by XR Triluminos Pro.
- Google TV with Google Assistant organizes your content all in one place.1 Stream from your Apple device with AirPlay 2 support.1
- Enjoy streaming high-quality 4K UHD quality movies included with the BRAVIA CORE app.2
- Experience immersive cinematic content with support for Dolby Vision4, IMAX Enhanced5, and Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode6.
- Hear true immersive audio with dual actuators that vibrate to produce sound from the entire screen and a built-in subwoofer for powerful bass, plus support for Dolby Atmos.
- Acoustic Center Sync synchronizes BRAVIA XR TVs speakers with select Sony soundbars to reinforce the center speaker channel for fuller, more immersive sound.
- See blur-free picture quality in fast-moving sports and movies powered by XR OLED Motion technology.
- Bring back lost texture and detail and see your content upscaled to near-4K resolution with XR 4K Upscaling.12
- Multi-position stand offering two variations – low-profile setting for immersive viewing or raised to accommodate a soundbar.15
- With the optional BRAVIA CAM, video chat on the big screen and allow Ambient Optimization Pro to automatically adjust picture and sound according to your room environment.16
- Redesigned premium, compact backlit remote with metallic finish and finder function to easily find if misplaced.
High Performance Home Theater System
7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar
5.1.2ch Dolby Atmos® Soundbar
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Player with Dolby Atmos®, HDR, and Wi-Fi for Streaming Video
Wireless Neckband Speaker
BRAVIA XR MASTER Series A90K
Beauty of OLED in a compact size, perfect for gaming
Enjoy thrilling pictures and sound on this compact Sony OLED TV, powered by Cognitive Processor XR™. Take your gaming to a whole new level of immersion, even in a smaller size.
CES® 2022 Innovation Awards, award to BRAVIA CORE21
CES® 2022 Best of Innovation Awards Honoree, award to BRAVIA CAM21
Next generation picture and sound with Cognitive Intelligence
Take vision and sound to the next level with Cognitive Processor XR™. Our revolutionary processor on Sony BRAVIA XR™ TVs reproduces content the way humans see and hear for an incredibly lifelike experience. It understands how the human eye focuses, cross analyzing images to give real life depth, extraordinary contrast and beautifully vivid colors.
Pure blacks for real-life depth and texture
Our Cognitive Processor XR™ analyzes visual information and enhances pictures in the same way as your eyes focus so you won't miss a single detail in dazzling light or deep shadow. With XR OLED Contrast Pro, color and contrast are boosted in bright areas for exceptionally realistic pictures defined by absolute pure blacks and peak brightness.
Compact TV for gaming, immersive picture and sound
The compact A90K with immersive OLED picture and sound powered by Cognitive Processor XR™ makes an ideal gaming display. Compatible with various gaming features included in HDMI 2.1, you're sure to enjoy a thrilling gaming experience.27, 28
With HDMI 2.1, you get up to 120fps framerate on compatible games, giving you the advantage in shooting, sports and high-performance games. Enjoy ultra-smooth gaming with 8.5ms input lag and dedicated Game Mode.7, 10
Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
With Auto Low Latency Mode in HDMI 2.1, BRAVIA TV recognizes when a console is connected and powered on, and automatically switches to low latency mode. You'll enjoy smoother, more responsive gameplay – vital for fast-moving, high-intensity games.
Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
With a Variable Refresh Rate in HDMI 2.1, BRAVIA TV avoids stuttering delays and screen tearing. This TV dynamically adjusts the display refresh rate to match the variable frame rates of the gaming device for smoother gameplay.11
Screen is the speaker, pictures and sound in harmony
Acoustic Surface Audio＋™ uses special actuators to turn the screen into a multi-channel speaker. You'll hear sound that precisely matches what’s on screen with pictures and sound in total harmony for a truly immersive experience.
Hands-free help from Google
With hands-free voice control built into Google TV, you can set aside your remote and simply use your voice to control your TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, and get personalized recommendations on what to watch by saying, "Hey Google, what should I watch?". Even get answers on screen, control smart home devices, and more.1
Renew, recycle and reduce, designed for the environment
Our BRAVIA XR TVs are designed for immersive experiences with the environment in mind. We are committed to using less virgin plastic in our TVs and packaging. The A90K uses Sony-developed SORPLAS™ with a recycle rate of up to 85% in its rear cover. Our unique backlight control technologies, BRAVIA CAM and sensors not only deliver high picture quality but also reduce power consumption.19
Pure blacks for real-life depth and texture
XR OLED Contrast Pro boosts color and contrast in bright areas for exceptionally realistic pictures defined by absolute pure blacks and peak brightness. With a temperature sensor and high luminance panel, this OLED TV utilizes our Cognitive Processor XR™ to detect screen temperature and precisely control light so pixels in bright areas are illuminated simultaneously.
 Temperature distribution mapping  High luminance panel
A wide color spectrum for real-world shades and hues
Powered by our Cognitive Processor XR™, XR Triluminos Pro enables A90K to access over a billion colors and reproduce each one with the subtle differences seen in the real world. Together with our wide color gamut panel and human-centric processor, it can detect color from saturation, hue and brightness to deliver natural shades in every detail.
Recreating lost texture, all your content upscaled to 4K
With XR 4K Upscaling, you'll enjoy entertainment close to 4K quality, whatever the content or source. Our Cognitive Processor XR™ accesses a vast amount of data, intelligently recreating lost textures and detail for real world pictures.12
Intelligent motion processing for smooth, fast-moving action
Powered by our Cognitive Processor XR™, XR OLED Motion combats blur by detecting and cross analyzing key visual elements on successive frames. It creates and inserts extra frames between the original ones so you can enjoy smooth and clear action, even in fast-moving sequences.
Beautiful colors from any angle
Watching TV from the sides is now as satisfying as from the center. Our self-illuminating OLED panel keeps colors consistent and true, wherever you're watching.
Screen is the speaker, sound follows pictures precisely
Sound comes directly from the screen with Acoustic Surface Audio＋™. Two actuators vibrate, uniquely turning the entire screen into a speaker to create powerful acoustics that move with the picture so you hear realistic sounds with clear and natural dialogue. A center subwoofer boosts bass for truly immersive cinematic sound at home.
All your entertainment upscaled to 3D surround sound
With BRAVIA XR™, everything you watch gets the true surround sound treatment. XR Surround virtually creates surround sound from the sides and vertically using just the TV speakers, so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling or up-firing speakers. Our BRAVIA XR™ TVs are also compatible with Dolby Atmos®.
Voice Zoom™ 2 enhances voices for clearer dialogue
Hear TV dialogue more clearly without turning up the volume. Even if speech is difficult to hear, Voice Zoom 2 detects the type of voice, analyzes it and enhances its clarity.
Perfect with Sony audio
Paired with Sony audio equipment, our latest BRAVIA XR TVs go even further, bringing you an unmatched audio-visual experience with outstanding XR picture and sound quality.
Acoustic Center Sync
When you connect a BRAVIA XR TV to a Sony soundbar, the soundbar reinforces the center speaker channel for clearer and fuller vocals. This enables sound to precisely match on-screen action for a truly immersive experience.24
Ready for 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer
Tailor your Dolby Atmos® experience by combining our SRS-NS7 wearable speaker with BRAVIA XR TVs for spatial surround sound. With selected Sony headphones, you can also enjoy the simulated surround of 360 Spatial Sound using Wireless Transmitter WLA-NS7 (sold separately).25
Supreme picture and sound, whatever the environment
Sit back and enjoy an enthralling viewing experience. Our unique ambient optimization technology with light and color sensor automatically adjusts picture and sound to your environment.
Step up to even better viewing, optimized with BRAVIA CAM
Connect your BRAVIA XR TV with BRAVIA CAM, sold separately, for an even more immersive viewing experience. BRAVIA CAM recognizes where you are in the room and how far you are from the TV, then adjusts sound and picture settings so they're just right. Audio is clearer with picture brightness tailored to your viewing environment.16
Discover new ways to enjoy TV with BRAVIA CAM
You’re always in the best seat in the house with BRAVIA CAM. It recognizes where you’re sitting and optimizes the picture and sound accordingly. There’s also video chat, gesture controls, and other new experiences waiting to be explored.16
Smart TV Features
Enjoy video chat with friends and family on the big screen
Catch up with your friends and family, on the big screen. Enjoy more fun by connecting your TV with BRAVIA CAM.
What you want to watch, all in one place
Easily access all your favorite content and services hands-free. See 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, all in one place. Google TV brings your favorite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you.1
Just for you
Discover new movies and shows from across your subscriptions and content available to you. There's even a special Kids Profile that helps you guide children to age-appropriate content so they're never watching something they shouldn't be. Set favorite kid themes, limit how long they can watch TV and even set bedtimes.1,13
Easily control your smart home
Use your voice to control smart home devices throughout your home. Adjust room temperature, lighting, and more - just ask Google.1
Supersize your smartphone favorites
Quickly and easily enjoy your favorite videos, photos, games and more from your iOS or Android devices on the big screen. Stream effortlessly to your TV using Google Cast or Apple AirPlay.1,14
Simple and premium remote, easy to use even in darkness
We've completely redesigned our remote for effortless control of your TV, day or night. Our new premium remote is easy to use, with simplified buttons and a backlight so you can see everything clearly, even in the dark. Designed compact in aluminum, this remote has a beautifully refined look and is comfortable to hold in the hand too.
Easily find your lost remote with your voice
Never lose your remote behind sofa cushions again. With the Finder function, you simply need to say ''Hey Google, find my remote'' or press the button on the side of your TV to activate your missing remote. The remote will ring, enabling you to quickly locate it.
Easy to wipe, always stays clean
Designed with a flush surface featuring lower buttons and a special polyurethane coating, our remote is easy to wipe and keep clean.17
Control all your devices with one smart remote
All your connected devices can be controlled with our smart remote. One button access to video on demand services brings shows and movies into your room in seconds.
Versatile One Slate design immerses you in the action
Our minimalist One Slate design with Metal Flush Surface immerses you in your favorite movies and games. A versatile adjustable stand allows you to place this compact OLED TV on a shelf or desktop and use it as a television or as the ideal gaming display.15
Actual look may differ depending on TV size.
Easily adjustable premium stand for desktops
A versatile 2-way stand with a standard setting that focuses you on the picture or soundbar setting for ideal positioning of your sound system. Thanks to the adjustable stand, you can also use the TV as a gaming display on a desktop.15
Metal Flush Surface for immersive viewing
The premium metal bezel is extremely narrow so your eyes naturally focus on the picture, not what's around it.
Aluminum Center Plate, luxurious look and feel
Our metal finish stand has been designed to perfectly match the TV and harmonizes with your room and decor.15
Even more studio quality entertainment, as the creator intended
With a range of technologies that preserve the creators intent including an enhanced array of Creator Calibrated Modes, IMAX Enhanced and Dolby Vision®, this TV reproduces all the drama and excitement of the director’s imagination. And as it’s Calman Ready, creators can even professionally calibrate it for use in production edits.4, 5, 26
Watch Netflix in studio quality, automatically optimized
Enjoy Netflix content in spectacular studio quality, just as the creator intended. Developed specifically for Netflix content, Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode works together with the ambient light optimization feature of BRAVIA XR TV to immerse you in your favorite shows by optimizing the picture brightness based on your room lighting conditions.6
Optimizing picture for all your favorite content
Enjoy more content as the creator intended. With BRAVIA CORE Calibrated Mode, all movies, including IMAX Enhanced™ titles, will automatically adjust to the optimal picture settings to create a truly exceptional at-home movie viewing experience.
Designed with the environment in mind
Sony is committed not only to offering products, services and content that deliver exciting experiences but also to working towards our goal of a zero environmental footprint throughout our business activities.
ENVIRONMENTAL FEATURES IN THIS PRODUCT
Dynamic Backlight Control, or pixel-level lighting control, helps improve energy efficiency by adjusting display brightness as picture content changes
Power Saving Mode helps save energy by adjusting the display brightness
Display Off Mode helps save energy by turning the picture display off without needing to put the TV into full stand-by mode, so audio can still be enjoyed
Camera Unit (CMU-BC1)Depends on country selection
Number of Tuners (Sat)
Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable)
TV System (Analog)
TV System (Digital Cable)
TV System (Digital Sat)
TV System (Digital Terrestrial)
ATSC/ATSC 3.0(NEXTGEN TV)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Analog)
VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Cable)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial)
VHF: 2–13/UHF: 14–69 (2–13/14–36 for ATSC3.0)
Metal Flush Surface
Two-way position (Standard position/Soundbar position)
Aluminum Center Plate
- Purchase an eligible TV and register for BRAVIA CORE™ by February 23, 2024 to be eligible for promotion offers. Available movies subject to change. Terms and conditions apply, for full details see https://www.sony.net/bravia-core. ©2021 Layout and Design Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. Network services, content, and operating system and software of product may be subject to separate or third-party terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
- User must setup broadband network environment. By default, Pure Stream setting is turned OFF and must be turned ON in BRAVIA CORE settings. BRAVIA CORE offers streaming between 30Mbps-80Mbps once user turns ON Pure Stream. To access Pure Stream at 30Mbps, user must have a minimum internet speed of 43Mbps over Wi-Fi. To access highest quality Pure Stream available at 80Mbps user must have minimum internet speed of 115Mbps over Wi-Fi. Subject to user’s network operator’s video streaming restrictions, BRAVIA CORE automatically selects the best bitrate as following with adaptive streaming functionality based on the internet speed available.
- Dolby Vision content compatible with streaming services or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- IMAX Enhanced content enables full IMAX Enhanced experience with compatible streaming services such as Fandango Now (US only) and BRAVIA CORE, or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse. A future firmware update will allow you to adjust picture quality while Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode is enabled.
- Input lag time measured via 4K/120fps game HDMI input, may differ by real-time usage environment or specific conditions. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required.
- Software updates on both PlayStation®5 console and TV available by automatic update or user-initiated update. To activate Auto HDR Tone Mapping, must enable feature when pairing TV and PS5 for the first time; or will need to disconnect TV and PS5, perform factory reset and enable the feature during initial setup. Feature is supported only when PS5 and TV are directly connected. Applicable models: All BRAVIA XR models, X85K, X85J, X80K, X80J, X900H.
- Software updates on both PlayStation®5 console and TV available by automatic update or user-initiated update. This function works when Auto Picture Mode on the TV is set to ON and is supported only when PS5 and TV are directly connected. Applicable models: All BRAVIA XR models, X85K, X85J, X80K, X80J, X900H.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required.
- Game title supporting VRR is required. Results may vary depending on the game you're playing. If enabling VRR results in any unexpected visual effects, you can turn it off at any time. The Game image is simulated, and not an actual game.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- This feature is for users of streaming apps. TV broadcasts cannot be accessed when using Kids Profile. Some TV functions may not be available while using Kids Profile, such as changing settings or inputs.
- This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- Actual look may differ depending on TV size and type of cables used.
- Other than video chat, other BRAVIA CAM features will be available via future firmware update.
- Clean exterior surfaces gently with a dry, clean cloth or household disinfectant wipe (such as Clorox Disinfecting Wipes). Do not spray disinfectant directly on the remote. Proven 99.9% or more effective against bacterial growth on remote control buttons based on JIS Z2801 testing. This material is not antiviral. There is no guaranteed effect against viruses such as COVID-19.
- SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket is available for select Sony OLED and LED models. See compatible TV models here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00197971. TV and wall mount system sold separately. Hardware included with wall-mount bracket.
- The recycle rate refers to flame-retardant materials. The recyclable material used on the TV may differ depending on size. SORPLAS supports recycling by incorporating waste optical discs, as well as post-consumer materials such as plastic water bottles, contributing to the protection of the environment and reduction in marine pollution.
- Compared to FY18 models. The ratio may vary by model.
- The CES Innovation Awards are based upon descriptive materials submitted to the judges. CTA did not verify the accuracy of any submission or of any claims made and did not test the item to which the award was given.
- Horizon Forbidden West™: Releasing 02/18/2022. ©2021 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla. Horizon Forbidden West is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
- This is the perceptible contrast level expanded by XR Contrast Booster technology, which is a unique figure calculated for the contrast that users actually feel and experience.
- Acoustic Center Sync is compatible with Sony Soundbar HT-A7000, HT-A5000 and Home Theatre System HT-A9.
- Applicable headphones are WH-1000XM3, WF-1000XM3, WI-1000XM2, WH-1000XM4, WF-1000XM4, WH-XB900N, WH-XB700, WH-H810, WH-H910N, WF-C500, WH-XB910N.
- Requires separately sold Calman calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, a meter (colorimeter, spectrophotometer etc.), and Calman for BRAVIA app to be downloaded from Google Play and installed on your TV. Internet needed to utilize app services on TV. Network services, content, and software of this product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
- Image retention may occur if images are displayed in the same location on the screen repeatedly or over extended periods of time.
- When setting the gaming mode, an audio delay may occur, depending on viewing environment and video source.
© 2022 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited.
Sony, BRAVIA, BRAVIA XR, Cognitive Processor XR, XR Triluminos Pro, XR Motion Clarity, BRAVIA CORE, and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Google TV is the name of this device's software experience. Google, YouTube, YouTube Music, Google TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. “PlayStation Family Mark,” “PlayStation,” “PS5 logo” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Screen images simulated.