BRAVIA XR 55” Class A80CK 4K HDR OLED TV with Google TV (2022)
About This Item
- Intelligent TV processing technology with Cognitive Processor XR that delivers natural and realistic picture quality.
- Immersive depth and realism with lifelike brightness enhanced by XR OLED Contrast Pro.
- Billions of accurate colors deliver natural and beautiful picture quality, enhanced by XR Triluminos Pro.
BRAVIA XR A80CK
Pure OLED black and brilliant color
Step up to an immersive viewing experience with vision and sound in perfect harmony on this Sony OLED TV, powered by Cognitive Processor XR™. Enjoy exceptional pure black contrast for pictures full of depth and detail.
CES® 2022 Innovation Awards, award to BRAVIA CORE21
CES® 2022 Best of Innovation Awards Honoree, award to BRAVIA CAM21
Next generation picture and sound with Cognitive Intelligence
Take vision and sound to the next level with Cognitive Processor XR™. Our revolutionary processor on Sony BRAVIA XR™ TVs reproduces content the way humans see and hear for an incredibly lifelike experience. It understands how the human eye focuses, cross analyzing images to give real life depth, extraordinary contrast and beautifully vivid colors.
Exceptional pure blacks for real-life depth and texture
Pairing our OLED panel with XR OLED Contrast Pro, this TV boosts color and contrast in bright areas so you can enjoy unprecedented pure blacks and peak brightness. Combined with Cognitive Processor XR™, it enhances pictures in the same way as your eyes focus so you won't miss a single detail in dazzling light or deep shadow.
Screen is the speaker, pictures and sound in harmony
Acoustic Surface Audio＋™ uses special actuators to turn the screen into a multi-channel speaker. You'll hear sound that precisely matches what’s on screen with pictures and sound in total harmony for a truly immersive experience.
Reviews & Questions
Frequently Bought Together
- Purchase an eligible TV and register for BRAVIA CORE™ by February 23, 2024 to be eligible for promotion offers. Available movies subject to change. Terms and conditions apply, for full details see https://www.sony.net/bravia-core. © 2021 Layout and Design Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. Network services, content, and operating system and software of product may be subject to separate or third-party terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
- User must setup broadband network environment. By default, Pure Stream setting is turned OFF and must be turned ON in BRAVIA CORE settings. BRAVIA CORE offers streaming between 30Mbps-80Mbps once user turns ON Pure Stream. To access Pure Stream at 30Mbps, user must have a minimum internet speed of 43Mbps over Wi-Fi. To access highest quality Pure Stream available at 80Mbps user must have minimum internet speed of 115Mbps over Wi-Fi. Subject to user’s network operator’s video streaming restrictions, BRAVIA CORE automatically selects the best bitrate as following with adaptive streaming functionality based on the internet speed available.
- Dolby Vision content compatible with streaming services or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- IMAX Enhanced content enables full IMAX Enhanced experience with compatible streaming services such as Fandango Now (US only) and BRAVIA CORE, or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse. A future firmware update will allow you to adjust picture quality while Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode is enabled.
- Input lag time measured via 4K/120fps game HDMI input, may differ by real-time usage environment or specific conditions. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required.
- Software updates on both PlayStation®5 console and TV available by automatic update or user-initiated update. To activate Auto HDR Tone Mapping, must enable feature when pairing TV and PS5 for the first time; or will need to disconnect TV and PS5, perform factory reset and enable the feature during initial setup. Feature is supported only when PS5 and TV are directly connected. Applicable models: All BRAVIA XR models, X85K, X85J, X80K, X80CK, X80J, X900H.
- Software updates on both PlayStation®5 console and TV available by automatic update or user-initiated update. This function works when Auto Picture Mode on the TV is set to ON and is supported only when PS5 and TV are directly connected. Applicable models: All BRAVIA XR models, X85K, X85J, X80K, X80CK, X80J, X900H.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required.
- VRR may require firmware update.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- This feature is for users of streaming apps. TV broadcasts cannot be accessed when using Kids Profile. Some TV functions may not be available while using Kids Profile, such as changing settings or inputs.
- This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- Actual look may differ depending on TV size and type of cables used.
- Other than video chat, other BRAVIA CAM features available via future firmware update.
- Clean exterior surfaces gently with a dry, clean cloth or household disinfectant wipe (such as Clorox Disinfecting Wipes). Do not spray disinfectant directly on the remote. Proven 99.9% or more effective against bacterial growth on remote control buttons based on JIS Z2801 testing. This material is not antiviral. There is no guaranteed effect against viruses such as COVID-19.
- SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket is available for select Sony OLED and LED models. See compatible TV models here: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00197971. TV and wall mount system sold separately. Hardware included with wall-mount bracket.
- The recycle rate refers to flame-retardant materials. The recyclable material used on the TV may differ depending on size. SORPLAS supports recycling by incorporating waste optical discs, as well as post-consumer materials such as plastic water bottles, contributing to the protection of the environment and reduction in marine pollution.
- Compared to FY18 models. The ratio may vary by model.
- The CES Innovation Awards are based upon descriptive materials submitted to the judges. CTA did not verify the accuracy of any submission or of any claims made and did not test the item to which the award was given.
- Horizon Forbidden West™: Releasing 02/18/2022. ©2021 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. Developed by Guerrilla. Horizon Forbidden West is a trademark of Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC.
- This is the perceptible contrast level expanded by XR Contrast Booster technology, which is a unique figure calculated for the contrast that users actually feel and experience.
- Acoustic Center Sync is compatible with Sony Soundbar HT-A7000, HT-A5000 and Home Theatre System HT-A9.
- Applicable headphones are WH-1000XM3, WF-1000XM3, WI-1000XM2, WH-1000XM4, WF-1000XM4, WH-XB900N, WH-XB700, WH-H810, WH-H910N, WF-C500, WH-XB910N.
- Requires separately sold Calman calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, a meter (colorimeter, spectrophotometer etc.), and Calman for BRAVIA app to be downloaded from Google Play and installed on your TV. Internet needed to utilize app services on TV. Network services, content, and software of this product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
- All third-party apps, network services, content, the operating system and software may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Requires product to be connected to the wireless network.
© 2022 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited.
Sony, BRAVIA, BRAVIA XR, Cognitive Processor XR, XR Triluminos Pro, XR Motion Clarity, BRAVIA CORE, and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Google TV is the name of this device's software experience. Google, YouTube, YouTube Music, Google TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. “PlayStation Family Mark,” “PlayStation,” “PS5 logo” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Screen images simulated.