- COGNITIVE PROCESSOR XR™ – Revolutionary TV processing technology that understands how humans see and hear to deliver intense contrast with pure blacks, high peak brightness, and natural colors.
- XR TRILUMINOS PRO™ - Rediscover everything you watch with billions of accurate colors and see impressive picture quality that is natural and beautiful to the human eye.
- XR OLED CONTRAST PRO – Feel immersive depth and realism with ultimate blacks and our brightest-ever OLED picture.
- GOOGLE TV™ – See 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, plus live TV, all in one place. Google TV brings your favorite content from across your apps and subscriptions and organizes them just for you. Watch content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, the Apple TV app, and many more.2
- BRAVIA CORE™ – Bring the cinematic experience home. Enjoy streaming high-quality movies included with BRAVIA CORE™, exclusively on select Sony TVs.3
- PERFECT FOR PLAYSTATION® 5 - Get the most out of your gaming with BRAVIA XR TVs featuring exclusive features for the PS5 console along with 4K/120fps5 as specified in HDMI 2.1 and input lag as low as 8.5ms.16
- XR MOTION CLARITY™ – Intelligent motion processing for fast-moving, blur-free sports and action-packed movies.
- XR 4K UPSCALING – Enjoy all your HD content in close to 4K resolution and bring back lost texture and detail with intelligent TV processing.6
- ACOUSTIC SURFACE AUDIO+ – The screen is the speaker, perfectly matching sound with the action on screen for a truly immersive experience.
- DOLBY VISION8, IMAX ENHANCED9, NETFLIX CALIBRATED MODE10 – Enjoy immersive and engaging cinematic content as the creator intended.
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT – Hands-free entertainment with help from Google – just say “Hey Google” to get started.2
- APPLE AIRPLAY – Works with AirPlay 2 to easily stream content from your Apple device.11
- 2-WAY MULTI-POSITION STAND – Beautifully designed to complement your unique viewing experience, offering two levels of flexibility – standard low-profile setting or raised to accommodate a soundbar.12
- ULTRA-SLIM WALL MOUNT COMPATIBLE – Hang your TV like a work of art with the optional SU-WL855 ultra-slim wall-mount bracket available for the 55” class and 65” class A90J series TVs.13
- PREMIUM BACKLIT REMOTE – Premium brushed aluminum, backlit remote with Bluetooth® connectivity for interference-free control of your TV.14
3.1ch Dolby Atmos® / DTS:X® Soundbar with Bluetooth®
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Player with Dolby Atmos®, HDR, and Wi-Fi for Streaming Video
BRAVIA XR MASTER Series A90J
Redefining OLED with ultimate brightness
See our best ever 4K HDR OLED TV, powered by the revolutionary Cognitive Processor XR™. Enjoy unparalleled contrast with extreme brightness and pure blacks in an immersive Seamless Edge design.
Discover the A90J with an expert
Best of CES 2021
World's first cognitive intelligence TVs 1
Our BRAVIA XR™ TV takes vision and sound to the next level with the ingenious Cognitive Processor XR. It understands how humans see and hear, providing a whole new experience that immerses you completely in the scene.
Revolutionary OLED picture, as perceived by the human eye
Enjoy breathtaking contrast on our best ever OLED with picture quality that feels deep, natural, and real. Its revolutionary processor uses human perspective analysis to cross-analyze and optimize hundreds of thousands of elements in a blink of an eye. Paired with our unique OLED panel, this technology delivers pure blacks and our brightest ever picture.
Turn any sound into a truly immersive experience
Advanced screen-speaker technology with our Cognitive Processor XR turns any sound source into an immersive sound experience. Hear sound more clearly and accurately, whatever you're watching. Enjoy entertainment in a whole new way with sound and picture in perfect harmony.
Hands-free entertainment with help from Google
With hands-free help from Google, you can set aside your remote and just use your voice to control your TV. Ask Google to find a specific title, search by genre, and get personalized recommendations on what to watch by saying, "Hey Google, what should I watch?" Even get answers on screen, control smart home devices, and more. 2
Recycle. Renew. Reduce.
Our BRAVIA XR TVs are not only designed to be stylish but also with the environment in mind. Up to 40% of sustainable material is used in the rear covers of our large-screen models.
Feel real life depth with ultimate blacks and our brightest ever OLED picture
Our Cognitive Processor XR cross-analyzes data, enhancing pictures in the same way that the human eye focuses for real life color and depth. With XR OLED Contrast Pro, brightness is adjusted for higher peaks in glare and deeper blacks in shadow—no more details overwhelmed by shadow or lost in blown-out highlights.
A wide palette of naturally beautiful colors
See colors that are natural and beautiful to the human eye. The Cognitive Processor XR enables our unique display to access a wider palette and reproduce each color with the subtle differences seen in the real world. With extended hue and saturation, vivid shades, and realistic texture can be seen in the flowers. Even pale colors look realistic.
Recreating lost texture, the intelligent way
Whatever the content or source, you'll enjoy entertainment close to 4K resolution with XR 4K 5 Upscaling. Our Cognitive Processor XR accesses a vast amount of data, intelligently recreating lost textures and detail for real-world pictures. See details such as naturally defined animal fur and sharply outlined rock.
Intelligent motion processing for fast-moving, blur-free scenes
Watching sports and fast-moving movies just got a whole lot better. Our Cognitive Processor XR with XR Motion Clarity™ cross analyzes data to ensure action stays smooth, bright, and clear.
The screen is the speaker, sound perfectly matches action
For an audio experience that matches how we sense the world, XR Sound Position brings you the reality of sound behind the picture. As the screen is the speaker on this BRAVIA XR 4K OLED TV, sound matches precisely with what's on the screen for a truly immersive experience.
All your entertainment upscaled to 3D surround sound
With BRAVIA XR, everything you watch gets the true surround-sound treatment. XR Surround creates surround sound from the sides and vertically so you can experience 3D audio without the need for in-ceiling or up-firing speakers.
Voice Zoom™ 2 enhances voices for clearer dialog
Hear TV dialog more clearly without turning up the volume. Even if speech is difficult to hear, Voice Zoom 2 detects the type of voice, analyzes it and enhances its clarity.
Smart TV Features
Easily control your smart home
Use your voice to control smart-home devices throughout your home. Adjust lighting or control other connected devices. 2
Supersize your smartphone favorites
Quickly and easily enjoy your favorite videos, photos, games, and more from your iOS or Android devices on the big screen. 2 10
Control all your devices with one smart remote
All your connected devices can be controlled with our smart commander. One-button access to video-on-demand services brings shows and movies into your room in seconds.
Sony TV Design
Intuitive 3-way multi-position stand, versatile for any TV positioning
Beautiful Seamless Edge—less bezel, more picture
A 3-way multi-position stand gives you the choice of a standard setting that focuses you on the picture, a narrow setting for smaller shelves, and a soundbar setting for ideal positioning of your sound system. 11
With its frameless design, this TV has a seamless and sophisticated look that minimizes distractions, focusing your eyes on what's important—the picture.
Clutter-free, all-round beauty
Premium brushed aluminum remote with backlight
A concealed cable track keeps wires neatly hidden so your television stays free of clutter and looks good from the front, the sides, and the back. 11
The premium design remote in brushed aluminum with hairline finish feels ergonomic, while the illuminated keys are visible in the dark.
Supreme picture quality and sound, whatever the environment
Sit back and enjoy an enthralling viewing experience. Our unique ambient optimization technology with light and color sensors automatically adjusts picture and sound to your environment.
Enjoy studio-quality entertainment, as the creator intended
With a range of technologies that preserve the creator's intent, including Netflix Calibrated Mode, IMAX Enhanced and Dolby Vision®, this TV reproduces all the drama and excitement of the director's imagination. And as it's Calman Ready, creators can even use it during production edits. 6 7 8 9
Audio Description (Audio key)
Wallmount Bracket (SU-WL855 [Refer to Country/Area Handling Chart]). Depends on country selection
Number of Tuners (Sat)
Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable)
TV System (Analog)
TV System (Digital Cable)
TV System (Digital Sat)
TV System (Digital Terrestrial)
ATSC/ATSC 3.0(NEXTGEN TV)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Analog)
VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Cable)
Tuner Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial)
VHF: 2–13/UHF: 14–69 (14–36 for ATSC 3.0)
- As of 11/18/20, Cognitive Processor XR cross-analyses multiple picture elements combined with focal points; recreating human perspective. Verified by Strategy Analytics.
- Purchase an eligible TV and register for BRAVIA CORE™ by February 23, 2024 to be eligible for promotion offers. Available movies subject to change. Terms and conditions apply, for full details see https://www.sony.net/bravia-core. © 2021 Layout and Design Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved. Network services, content, and operating system and software of product may be subject to separate or third-party terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information.
- User must setup broadband network environment. By default, Pure Stream setting is turned OFF and must be turned ON in BRAVIA CORE settings. BRAVIA CORE offers streaming between 30Mbps-80Mbps once user turns ON Pure Stream. To access Pure Stream at 30Mbps, user must have a minimum internet speed of 43Mbps over Wi-Fi. To access highest quality Pure Stream available at 80Mbps user must have minimum internet speed of 115Mbps over Wi-Fi. Subject to user’s network operator’s video streaming restrictions, BRAVIA CORE automatically selects the best bitrate as following with adaptive streaming functionality based on the internet speed available.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required. VRR will be available by future firmware update.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Upscaled, simulated and enhanced 4K images will vary based on source content.
- Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- Dolby Vision content compatible with streaming services or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- IMAX Enhanced content enables full IMAX Enhanced experience with compatible streaming services such as Fandango Now (US only) and BRAVIA CORE, or compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold separately).
- Netflix streaming membership required. 4K Ultra HD availability subject to your Netflix subscription plan, internet service, device capabilities, and content availability. www.netflix.com/termsofuse
- This Sony TV is compatible with AirPlay 2 and HomeKit. iOS 12.2 or later or macOS 10.14.4 or later is required. Apple ID account required. Subscriptions may be required to access certain content.
- Three-way stand is only available on the 85” Class model. 75” Class and 65” Class models have two-way stand with standard and raised positions. Actual look may differ depending on TV size and type of cables used.
- SU-WL855 wall-mount bracket is available for select Sony OLED and LED models ranging from 55” class to 77” class. TV and wall mount system sold separately. Hardware included with wall-mount bracket.
- Remote design may differ depending on country. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- Requires separately sold Calman calibration software to be installed on your PC, a pattern generator, a meter (colorimeter, spectrophotometer etc.), and Calman for BRAVIA app to be downloaded from Google Play and installed on your TV. Internet needed to utilize app services on TV. Network services, content, and software of this product may be subject to separate terms and conditions and changed, interrupted, or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration, and credit card information.
- Input lag time measured via 4K/120fps game HDMI input, may differ by real-time usage environment or specific conditions. Game title supporting 4K/120fps required.
© 2021 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited.
Sony, BRAVIA, BRAVIA XR, Cognitive Processor XR, XR Triluminos Pro, XR Motion Clarity, BRAVIA CORE, and the Sony logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation. Google TV is the name of this device's software experience. Google, YouTube, YouTube Music, Google TV and other marks are trademarks of Google LLC. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Screen images simulated.