ES AUDIO/VIDEO RECEIVER:
Elevated Performance for All
Renowned ES Quality
8K & 4K/120 HDMI Connectivity
Enjoy the latest HDMI technology with support for 8K & 4K/120 video sources.1,4,3
While enabling higher quality video output and reduced latency from input devices like game consoles, HDMI 2.1 also provides support for Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), Variable Refresh Rate (VRR).3,4
Supports Dolby Vision, HDR10, and Hybrid Log Gamma, and IMAX Enhanced
A new technology developed by Sony, Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX precisely corrects the distance, angle, sound pressure, and frequency response of each speaker that’s connected to create the ideal sound field for any home theater setup.
Support for the most advanced object-based audio formats
With support for Dolby Atmos®, Dolby Speaker Virtualization, DTS:X®, DTS Virtual: X, and DTS: X Pro, to deliver a truly elevated object-based surround-sound experience.
*DTS: X Pro only applies to STR-AZ7000ES
360 Spatial Sound Mapping
Experience true immersion. Sony’s exclusive 360 Spatial Sound Mapping technology reproduces a physical sound field that can adapt to your environment and create an experience that feels like a large movie theater or concert hall.13
Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX
A new technology developed by Sony, Digital Cinema Auto Calibration IX precisely corrects the distance, angle, sound pressure, and frequency response of each speaker that’s connected to the STR-AZ7000ES to create the ideal sound field for any home theater setup.
Acoustic Center Sync
Acoustic Center Sync matches the audio to your compatible BRAVIA TV.12
Dual Center Speaker
Dual Center Speaker works with a second speaker to more accurately replicate sound with large screens.
**Only applies to STR-AZ7000ES and STR-AZ5000ES
Center Speaker Lift
Center Speaker Lift Up raises the sound from the center speaker to match what’s on the TV.
Sony’s SA-RS3S & SA-RS5 wireless rear speakers and SA-SW3 & SA-SW5 wireless subwoofers (Sold sep.) are compatible with the STR-AZ7000ES. Two subwoofers of the same model may be connected simultaneously to the receiver.
Using AI-based technology, DSEE Ultimate accurately upscales audio to near-high-resolution sound quality.
Works with SONOS
From the SONOS app you will be able to turn on your A/V Receiver, switch to the designated input source for playback, and control the volume of your A/V Receiver.5
Voice Assistant Compatibility
Connect to your home’s other devices, and use voice control to operate your receiver with Google Assistant.8
Compatible with Sony Music Center app
Control your receiver from your mobile device for operations like source selection, zone control, sound field control, volume control, media playback, and voice assistant setup.6
Enjoy seamless integration with your Roon system for full access to all your music—including your digital files and streaming services—all in one place.6
Support for Integration
With support for the leading control and remote monitoring systems like Control4, Savant, Crestron, and OvrC, these ES receivers are built for integration.6
Flexible setup options
Setup can be performed either via the front panel or through the onscreen Graphical User Interface (GUI).
*Image applies to STR-AZ7000ES
Full Pre Outputs
STR-AZ7000ES and STR-AZ5000ES are equipped with full pre outputs for extended connectivity flexibility
*Image only applies to STR-AZ7000ES
USB Front Input with settings save option
Using the front mounted USB, you can easily apply system updates and during setup, save all receiver settings to a flash drive for backing up and porting over to another unit to replicate settings.
Three 12-volt triggers
Equipped with three 12-volt triggers for external peripherals, amplifiers, and more.
*Only applies to STR-AZ7000ES and STR-AZ5000ES
Three IR Repeaters
Three, IR repeaters (1-in, 2-out) for external device control.
*Image only applied to STR-AZ7000 and STR-AZ5000ES.
Ping button for easy IP recall on front panel of receiver.
*Only applies to STR-AZ7000ES, STR-AZ5000ES, and STR-AZ3000ES.
RS232C port for control system configuration.
- 8K: 7,680 x 4,320 pixels. Requires HDR compatible content from supported streaming services or HDR compatible content device connected via HDMI input (sold sep).
- 150 watts measurements at (150W + 150W 8ohms, 1kHz, 2ch, THD 0.9%)
- Requires HDMI® cable sold sep.
- 4K: 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. Game title supporting 4K/120fps and/or VRR required.
- Works with SONOS® requirements: Device must be connected to a power source, plugged into a SONOS® port, have the same Wi-Fi or hardline connection, and must have The SONOS® app. How Sonos Works | Sonos
- 3rd party apps, network services, content, the operating system and software of this Product may be subject to individual terms and conditions and changed, interrupted or discontinued at any time and may require fees, registration and credit card information. Requires product to be connected to the wireless network. 360 Reality Audio requires subscription to compatible online music service and third party terms, conditions, account and fees may apply.
- Chromecast built-in compatibility dependent on app.
- User must connect to a Google account to use, including voice to activate linked apps.
- May require additional accessories. Check with your authorized dealer for details.
- For full terms and conditions please visit Support for Sony products | Sony USA
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- BRAVIA Acoustic Center Sync mode works with the following models: Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series. Product availability varies by country. Integrated UI works with the following models: Z9J series, A90J series, A80J series, X95J series, X90J series, X85J series, X80J series, A80K series, X90K series, Z9K series, A95K series, A90K series and X95K series.
- To use 360 Spatial Sound Mapping, it is necessary to run the auto calibration on the receiver using the supplied calibration microphone that comes with the receiver. 360 Spatial Sound Mapping can work with passive speakers and compatible wireless rear speakers (SA-RS3S & SA-RS5) but they must be connected to the receiver for the calibration.